Discussion Forum

Signal the Clans

Alright, I'm at a loss here. Maybe I'm not reading it right, or I'm simply stupid. Either way, I need this cleared up.

To me, I read the card like this (Search your library for three creatures (not random creatures with different names) and reveal them. (IF) you reveal three cards with DIFFERENT names, choose one of them at random and put that card into your hand. Shuffle the rest into your library.)

That explained, if I was to choose three creatures with the same name, does it make the rest of the effect null and void, and i proceed to keep all three cards? I ask this because as I read the card, it states (If ) you reveal three cards with different names, choose one of them at random and put that card into your hand.)

To me (If) is giving me a option here. That option is me picking three creatures with the same name and overlooking the rest of the affect, seeing to me it's no longer a functional option since no RANDOM creatures where picked.
Posted 03 February 2013 at 21:23

If you find less than three or find any that share a same name, you will fail the intervening if clause and will just shuffle all of them back into your library. You DO have the option of finding three with the same name but it will ultimately just shuffle your library without letting you keep one.

You have to find three different creatures and then put one of them (at random) into your hand then shuffle the rest back in. If you need a specific creature, this is not a good tutor, if you just need a bomb, this will be a good option.
Posted 04 February 2013 at 06:44

I like that card but ultimately it's just a bad toned down version of an existing good card -> Eladamri's Call

Howlinger: if you would learn to read magic cards you would not only be able to read this one correctly but all future ones as well without room for doubt. The description is perfectly clear if you understand the construction of the text.
Posted 04 February 2013 at 11:15