Discussion Forum

Hover Over Card Display

The deck list pages need Hover Over Card Display or at the very least auto pop-up in new window for the card links like it used to have.

I know you can shift click them but if you ever forget while writing a reply, you can lose the entire post...

It's very frustrating if you've spent 15-20+ minutes looking at an EDH or other large decklist and typing up suggestions only to lose it all.
Posted 15 February 2013 at 13:14

We haven't changed this, so I'm not sure why it's not working for you?

I just tried it in Chrome and hovering over the little image on the left produced a pop up for me.

Cheers
Posted 15 February 2013 at 18:43

oh hey... the little image does pop up a card. I was specifically referring to the card link though. With that, is there any way to go back to the default of creating a new window for that link so as to not lose anything on the current page?
Posted 17 February 2013 at 21:44

Oooh that makes sense now. I'll take a look :)
Posted 17 February 2013 at 22:20

Ah ok, I mainly get on here at work (Shhhh...) and for whatever reason, the hover over the images does not create a pop up. Hence my confusion.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 06:25

Had a chat with Gary about this which ended up being a mini debate. He won. His argument was that from a usability point of view it's not good practice to force new windows/tabs to open. It takes the choice away from the end user.

To counter this, if you want to open the links in new tabs, try using the middle mouse button, or holding control then clicking, that should open them in new tabs/windows!

Cheers
Posted 20 February 2013 at 23:22