Discussion Forum

Boros & Pit Fight

Just want to make sure I get this correct.

Boros Reckoner has been played.

Whenever Boros Recknor is dealt damage, it deals that much damage to target creature or player.

Play the Instant - Pit Fight

Target creature you control fights another target creature.

So if I chose Boros Reckoner as my target creature he will deal the total damage of the opponents creature back on it self or onto the player.

Can I still use the First Strike ability so that Boros would not take any damage?

Would this work with Stuffy Doll?

What if the opponents creature strength is boosted due to something like creature in graveyard ?
Posted 18 February 2013 at 14:17

First strike has no effect on the "fight" mechanic, both creatures will deal damage to eachother at the same time. First strike only effects combat damage.

In the case of Reckoner, it will trigger the reflect so that you also can deal that damage to another creature or player. It also works for stuffy doll.

The opponent can buff the creature in response or any static buffs will still apply. Whatever damage is dealt to the doll/reckoner will be reflected to the secondary target.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 14:28

If I give Boros Reckoner the Boros Charm before I cast pit fight I assume he can be made indestructible.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 14:39

[QUOTE=wako1302]If I give Boros Reckoner the Boros Charm before I cast pit fight I assume he can be made indestructible.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and throw in the Orzhov charm to gain infinite life or any damage doublers to do infinite damage.
Posted 18 February 2013 at 20:51

Have added a couple of Stuffy Dolls to the deck for a similar out come.

My new question is

Can Pit Fight be used on cards that are tapped as the card uses the FIGHT MECHANIC rather than the COMBAT MECHANIC.

Can 2 Pit Fightcards be used on the same card in my Army
Posted 21 February 2013 at 12:30

As long as the creature is able to be targetted, it can be used. Pit fight doesn't care about the status of the creature.

As long as the creature survives the first one, the second one will work on the same creature. You can cast both at the same time but if he dies to the first one resolving, the second will fizzle.
Posted 21 February 2013 at 13:42