Discussion Forum

Help with new deck!

I have been running my current deck for almost a year now and feel like starting a new deck. I made the two new deck ideas on the vault but cannot see which is better; I would appreciate your opinions on the deck!

Note: I will be going to my local MTG gathering and check out the scene to see what is being played. It has been just a group of 7-8 friends playing Singles or 2HG/Multiplayer (lots of this).

Proctyr Deck
I always play Priests/Support class in MMOs or other games so I thought up the idea one night to play Martyr of Sands, Serra Ascendant, and Proclamation of Rebirth. Later, while I was browsing forums I found topics of Martyr-Proc Decks and this was born :D (it would be great against the decks my friends run currently)

* Should I run 3 Ghostly Prisons instead of 2+1(Norn's Annex)?
* Added the Mangara of Corondor + Karakas (which I am trying to find =p) combo to deal with mid-game+ threats while PtE deals with early on. Otherwise it would be 3/4 Squadron Hawks, 3 Champion of the Parish, or 3 Vizkopa Guildmage (amazing card).
* Cavern of Souls is because almost all of the creatures are human thus making them uncounterable.
* Weathered Wayfarer will allow me to any land I need (including Karakas/CoS).
* Urza's Incubator is an idea I had to make most of my deck under 3 cost; it would make Mentor of the Meek 1 cost which allows it to be pulled with Eos. It would make Eos 2 cost which allows it to be pulled with Sun Titan.
* Rune-Tail is an idea to make all my creatures prevent all damage.

RB Curse Deck
I made this for fun as I wanted to get away from the White colour for a bit. It was designed around the Curses in magic and I thought it would be interesting to make a low cost burn/aggro deck. The sideboard is a mess currently!
Posted 02 April 2013 at 04:37

Urza's Incubator will only reduce the cost to cast the spells. It will not make things fetchable with Titan/Eos. The CMC is still what it shows on the card, it's just discounted when cast.
Posted 02 April 2013 at 12:14