Discussion Forum

Grozoth question

Hey guys

So last week demonking28 gave me the idea of running Grozoth, a card I knew I had in my collection but never used because back when it was printed there was no commander format and the card was just unplayable, so I had totally forgotten it even existed.

Anyway, I played it and it was the most broken tutor I've ever played. But my question is this: when I first played it I read the text and it said

When Grozoth enters the battlefield, you may search your library for any number of cards that have converted mana cost 9, reveal them, and put them into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.

to my suprise. I would have assumed it would have said non-land card. I went to the gatherer for an errata but there was none. Am I wrong to assume I can just get every land in my deck and put it in my hand? That is seriously fucked up.

cheers

Seth
Posted 15 April 2013 at 07:01

Do you have any lands in your deck with converted mana cost 9? (No.) This isn't a Protean Hulk on steroids, it's a transmute on steroids. There are 45 cards total that this can find with several being banned or terrible. Tutoring out the bringers in a 5c deck wouldn't be horrible though.
Posted 15 April 2013 at 09:43

damn, I totally misread him, I think I was confused by the any number of cards part, I assumed any number of cards with combined mana cost 9 but now that I reread it it doesn't say that, would make him totally broken.
So that means he goes back into the crap box, to bad...

thanks man

PS; it's true that I miss Hulk in Commander :)
Posted 15 April 2013 at 11:03

Hulk is broken, a pity an elf commander with protean is awesome...
For nice cmc of 9
Artisan of Kozilek
Darksteel Forge
Denying Wind all the winds are 9 mana cost i think
Dragonstorm
Iona, Shield of Emeria
and the green myoji ni think is a 9 mana cost..
Posted 22 April 2013 at 08:42

[QUOTE=Portugaru]Hulk is broken, [/QUOTE]

that's why he's fun

thanks for the list

PS: Denying Wind is a real douchebag card :) I really hate people who extract Commander decks.
Posted 25 April 2013 at 09:58