Discussion Forum

IRL deck status

For sake of my own organization, I've started prefixing my decks with status labels that reflect their current play state IRL (in real life).

(no prefix) ~ Active deck, played regularly
"Concept" ~ Decks being fleshed out and play tested
"Idea" ~ Potential deck cobbled together electronically, but never played
"Retired" ~ Old decks who's time has passed and aren't seeing play anymore

This sort of information may not be useful to everyone, but going on the premise that an Active deck is one that its owner is proud of, one could assume that this is these are the best places to look for proven strategy. Meanwhile Concept decks satisfy the inner-Johnny in all of us. And deck Ideas strike up "I wonder if X + Y + Z jive together?" conversations in the comments.

...Just a thought. :)
Posted 15 May 2013 at 13:12

Couldn't you use decktags for this?

Active deck (as per the tab), is activity on the deck (comment, like etc) rather than this deck is still being played.

I would LOVE to make psuedo-folders on the profile pages, but with the current design not quite sure how we'd do that.... :)
Posted 15 May 2013 at 13:57

[QUOTE=Ian]Couldn't you use decktags for this?[/QUOTE]

True enough.

With tags (or lack thereof) being assigned by members entirely ad-hoc, I don't tend to get much value from them personally. ...but maybe that's just me. :)
Posted 27 May 2013 at 13:42

Well you said you were doing it for the sake of your own organization, so the tags are perfect for that :P

I do want to work on the legality <-> tags process, but just need to iron some kinks out in how to structure it (to make sure we don't forget to update them when blocks rotate!)

Ian
Posted 29 May 2013 at 08:45