Discussion Forum

Before anyone posts about deck views...

I'm storing them in a different way at the minute. They're still being recorded, just not updating in the same way as before.

I think when we get hammered by bot traffic, updating this number on each viewed deck is slowly killing the server. I've been inserting them into another table for about 30minutes and it's already got 2000 entries...

I know how to fix this, but haven't got the time at the minute, will probably take a look tomorrow.
Posted 17 May 2013 at 22:51

I was about to post this until I saw the thread :P

Glad you're making it work!
Posted 20 May 2013 at 00:41

Haha, I preempted your bug finding skills, Racky! ;)
Posted 20 May 2013 at 08:21

Not sure if this is old news, but I noticed that when I would refresh the browser after making a mistake while building a deck, the view count would increase, even when the deck was private. I have since gotten more savvy with the deck building interface, but this could be a source of unnecessary updates.

Also, it would actually make sense for the deck views to only update when someone other than a deck's builder views it. I don't care how many times I've viewed my decks, personally.
Posted 04 June 2013 at 14:12

Aye, i'll look at fixing this at the same time. Apologies this still isn't working correctly, will get onto it soon.

Ian
Posted 04 June 2013 at 20:55

Yeah, I threw this feature in really quickly just before we launched to be honest, I thought it would be interesting to have another metric against decks that we might be able to use for popularity. Need to make it a bit more robust when we bring it back, it really shouldn't be recording deck owners views! :P
Posted 06 June 2013 at 09:28