Discussion Forum

Wild Pair and Scroll Rack

2 seperate questions regarding my new Lifegain EDH

- if I play Jenara (Commander) with wild pair in play can I boost her before the Wild Pair trigger resolves and fetch a creature with combined P/T higher then 6?

- With scroll Rack can I set aside lets say 60 cards take what's left of my deck and put the 60 cards back without dying? Scroll Rack doesn't say draw X cards so I'm presuming it won't kill me if I can't take an equal number of cards as the number I set aside. I ask because I need to get around dying from card draw with Drogskol Reaver in play. (my deck does crazy stuff)

cheers

Seth
Posted 20 May 2013 at 09:09

[QUOTE=Seth]2 seperate questions regarding my new Lifegain EDH

- if I play Jenara (Commander) with wild pair in play can I boost her before the Wild Pair trigger resolves and fetch a creature with combined P/T higher then 6?

- With scroll Rack can I set aside lets say 60 cards take what's left of my deck and put the 60 cards back without dying? Scroll Rack doesn't say draw X cards so I'm presuming it won't kill me if I can't take an equal number of cards as the number I set aside. I ask because I need to get around dying from card draw with Drogskol Reaver in play. (my deck does crazy stuff)

cheers

Seth[/QUOTE]

Jenara as your commander is not (generally) cast from your hand so you'd not get anything from casting her. However, you do have the opportunity to buff a creature in response to the trigger to get something even bigger out since it checks power and toughness upon resolution.

Scroll Rack does not draw cards so you will not die from using it to "draw" if you have more cards in hand then are in your deck. You can certainly draw your deck and then put it back in whatever order you want with scroll rack.
Posted 20 May 2013 at 10:31

Relevant ruling on the scroll rack:

10/4/2004 If there are not enough cards in the library, you do not lose. This is not a draw effect. You just get as many cards as are there, even if there are zero cards in the library.
Posted 20 May 2013 at 15:40

Thanks guys

Eps: Yeah I overlooked that part about not casting my general from my hand, thanks for pointing that out
Posted 20 May 2013 at 18:01