Discussion Forum

Create a Card - Group Effort (Part4)

Part 3's poll is now closed. Black and Hybrid got 50% each and the only other colour that got voted for is Green. So our creature is a Hybrid Black and Green Legend.

Now for the tough part, what our creature should do. So, I'm opening the floor to ideas, but I'll be laying down the rules here:

1) Only one entry per person.
1.1) Any entries after your first will be ignored.
2) Keep the effect to what the colours are capable of, ie stick to the colour wheel.

You can also vote in your entry to go mono black.

You have 1 week to vote. (Closes 28 May 2013, 18:00 GMT+2)
Posted 21 May 2013 at 15:54

whenever a black creature enters the battlefield under your control, return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand, whenever a green creature card enters the battlefield under your control return a noncreature permanent from your graveyard to your hand.

:mana2::manab::manag:

2/4
Posted 21 May 2013 at 18:49

I revised my origenal Crovax, bit more balanced. If this baby was every released he would be straight up there with the best 2 drops in the game (Bob, Thalia and Snappy).

:manab::manag: Crovax, The Blight Lord
Legendary Creature - Human Zombie
2/1
Whenever a creature other then Crovax, The Blight Lord enters the battlefield, its controller sacrifices a creature or land.
:mana3::manag::manag:, sacrifice Crovax, The Blight Lord: Put two target lands on top of their owners' libraries.
Posted 22 May 2013 at 06:58

They would not print that effect on a two drop lol
Posted 22 May 2013 at 07:18

[QUOTE=_Epsilon_]They would not print that effect on a two drop lol[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you mean the triggered ability and not the activated ability, in which case you're probably right. Would be fun though, they even could have a blue counterpart with a build in overburden :)

Plow Under as activated ability on a 2 drop would be sweet though
Posted 22 May 2013 at 07:37

A bit OP but it would so fun, in reality you could tweak it a bit, because for a two drop with that ability with a rancor on top of it, would be like hit, hit, and hit...
Posted 22 May 2013 at 09:31

[QUOTE=Portugaru]A bit OP but it would so fun, in reality you could tweak it a bit, because for a two drop with that ability with a rancor on top of it, would be like hit, hit, and hit...[/QUOTE]

In legacy one bear is usually all you need, you don't need rancor for the faster clock. It being :manab::manag: makes it far more balanced/less overpowered though then if it were just straight monocolored. Imagine it being :manab::manab:, T1, Underground Sea, Dark Ritual into this fucker followed up by lets say thoughtseizeand with Daze backup. T2, Wasteland and/or Ghastly Demise... Devestating stuff. Then Dark Confidant Turn 3 and you just beat him to a pulp.

Epsilon is right of course, this guy would never get printed. He would be a horror in legacy but I can't guess what impact he would have on other formats. In cube he would be a lot of fun :)

I still suggest him for my entry though since we haven't arrived at casting cost yet. At CC :mana1::manab::manag: he would be ok'is but not really that big a deal, in fact at CC3 only the plow under effect would be relevant and any good. You want to be able to play this guy T1 or he's just not that good (in legacy). Recurrable plow under is badass and pretty competitive though, he would probably be a star in Modern.
Posted 22 May 2013 at 11:33

Grawgoth, the Decomposer :mana3::manab::manag:
Legendary Creature- Zombie Plant
Sacrifice a land: Draw a card
Sacrifice a creature: Return target land from your graveyard to the battlefield
Discard a card: Return target creature from your graveyard to your hand
2/4

It's really late so I'm kinda tired, this may be a bit unbalanced, I'll figure it out tomorrow.
Posted 24 May 2013 at 01:21

[QUOTE=racky54]Grawgoth, the Decomposer :mana3::manab::manag:
Legendary Creature- Zombie Plant
Sacrifice a land: Draw a card
Sacrifice a creature: Return target land from your graveyard to the battlefield
Discard a card: Return target creature from your graveyard to your hand
2/4

It's really late so I'm kinda tired, this may be a bit unbalanced, I'll figure it out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

O man, I so want to play this creature in EDH, landfall here I come :) The shit I would pull with this dude would be absurt. He's the ultimate toolbox.
Posted 24 May 2013 at 06:48

Lol infinite combos with bloodghast
Turn 1 land
turn 2 drop land mana artifact Golgari signet
Turn 3 drop land Buried alive( bloodghast)
turn 4 drop land return bloodghast to the field, drop Grawgoth, the Decomposer
proceed to put your deck in your hand....

with Bojuka Bog you clean everyone graveyards
with

With Khalni Garden you would get a few! tokens

With Piranha Marsh you would do a bit of damage, making the combo infinite with eldrazis would be a winning combo.

with Turntimber Grove you would pump your commander and give commander damage easily

This is just with the lands and bloodghast... and in commander in the end of the turn you could reorder your hand as you see fit even discarding maybe a Reliquary tower or a big eldrazy to put your library in shape and making this combo infinite you would win with the commander and bloodghast

Also just noticed you could tap a land for mana, sac that land, sac bloodghast return that land tap, sac and repeat for inf mana, so you can buy your deck and put in unto play while discarding an eldrazi like Kozilek, Butcher of Truth to renew your deck...

a bit OP to return the land directly to play. but it would be so fun...
Posted 25 May 2013 at 08:04