Discussion Forum

Vraskas the unseen

Hi

I recently got lucky and draw a planeswalker "Vraska The unseen" on a booster, but I am having a hard time, trying to understand how it works.

Her +1 ability is, as I undestand it, If a 2/2 creature atacks Vraska, she automatically kills the creature and gains 1 counter, but she loses 2 counters. So even if a 1/1 creature atacks it, It is impossible to ever achieve the -7 ability.

I have to say that her +3 ability is in fact very cool.

Is my understanding of the card correct or is something missing me?

Thanks
Posted 04 June 2013 at 15:23

Her +1 adds one counter on when activated, then until your next turn, any creature that hits her is destroyed. She will lose counters from getting hit (equal to the creature's power) but having your creatures destroyed is a big "don't mess with me" effect, so most people won't attack her unless it's really worth it.

Her second ability is a -3, meaning it removes counters. It is good though, she's overall a good 'walker.
Posted 04 June 2013 at 15:55

Ok I got it now. So if my understanding is right, the best choice when facing Vraska is to ignore her, she could activate her ability -3 once, but if Some player decide not to atack her, she is a passenger....

Thanks for the explanation
Posted 04 June 2013 at 16:53

[QUOTE=Kuchyose]Ok I got it now. So if my understanding is right, the best choice when facing Vraska is to ignore her, she could activate her ability -3 once, but if Some player decide not to atack her, she is a passenger....

Thanks for the explanation[/QUOTE]

no the best thing is to kill her, planeswalkers are a great source of card advantage, an opponent should always kill a planeswalker as fast as possible. That said you can just use her +1 ability and defend her with your own creatures, that way she goes up and your opponent isn't able to hit her.
Posted 05 June 2013 at 08:08