Discussion Forum

Create a Card - Group Effort (final Part?)

Part 5 is now closed. Portugaru's unnamed creature got 2 votes and Racky54's Grawgoth 1 vote, so our winning card with 3 votes is Seth's Crovax.

Now for the last part of this challenge: make a deck based on Crovax, The Blight Lord. Your deck may be of any format as long as you stick to the limits of your chosen format.

Crovax, The Blight Lord :manab::manag:
Legendary Creature - Human Zombie
Whenever a creature other then Crovax, The Blight Lord enters the battlefield, its controller sacrifices a creature or land.
:mana3::manag::manag:, sacrifice Crovax, The Blight Lord: Put two target lands on top of their owners' libraries.
2/1

If you people want, I can make one more part to this challenge where we vote on the best deck.
Posted 05 June 2013 at 04:57

4 Crovax, The Blight Lord
4 Dark Confidant

1 Life from the Loam
3 Thoughtseize
2 Inquisition of Kozilek
2 ponder

4 Force of Will
4 Brainstorm
3 Ghastly Demise
2 Abrupt Decay
2 Spell Pierce
1 Mana Leak

3 Stifle

3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Liliana of the Veil

4 Wasteland
4 Underground Sea
4 Polluted Delta
3 Misty Rainforest
1 Bayou
1 Forest
1 Island
2 Tropical Island

SB: 1 Spell Pierce
SB: 2 Perish
SB: 2 Cabal Therapy
SB: 1 Ghastly Demise
SB: 1 Flusterstorm
SB: 1 Abrupt Decay
SB: 1 Thoughtseize
SB: 3 Extirpate
SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 1 Dread of Night
Posted 05 June 2013 at 11:53

Damn Seth, that's pretty much what I would have made...
Posted 05 June 2013 at 14:52

[QUOTE=surewhynot]Damn Seth, that's pretty much what I would have made...[/QUOTE]

That is as well what i was actually thinking, with 2 stifle on sideboard 2 on main deck 2 mana leaks instead of one, friday i will do a standard one
Posted 05 June 2013 at 19:06

well actually I don't feel good about it, stifle is a very bad spell in a control list and that's sort of what this wants to be. It's a fucked up creature my crovax, it's hard to tell without testing but legacy right now has such good creatures that building a good list without them is hard and having only crovax as creature is stupid because every opponent is bound to have at least some means to deal with the first creature you play. I think I'll make a casual list with Overburden and plow under and just fucked up shit like that.

Crovax might look insane but he's not that easy to abuse in competitive legacy, I think....
Posted 06 June 2013 at 06:48