Discussion Forum

Need help/suggestions with red/black vamp deck.

I am sorta new to the game of Magic, about a moth or two into it. I have a kick a** all black vampire deck but now im wanting to switch it up a bit.

Here is what I have so far... http://www.mtgvault.com/soxserialxxo/decks/redblack-vamps-incomplete/

Like it say's, I plan on adding blood witches if this deck looks like it could end up going anywhere.

Posted 12 June 2013 at 18:05

You have alternatives to Traitorous Blood (like Threaten). in a 2 color deck without duals or fetchland avoid playing stuff that costs you multiple colored mana. Also when playing Traitorous Blood I would combine it with a creature that can be used to sacrifice creatures to so you can use your Traitorous Blood as removal. Something like Bloodthrone Vampire.

Vampiric Fury to me seems far better then Vampire's Bite, in fact Vampire's Bite seems pretty bad. It would be better to play spot removal and actually get rid of opposing creatures then to play Vampire's Bite.

If you make a 2 colored deck on basic land try to make one color more importrant then the other, one color that is important for the opening game and then use the second color for backup spells. That way you can have play more land of your primary color which helps getting color screwed less often. I would advice playing some cheap duals. 4xSulfurous Springs would be great and its cheap.

If you play only vampires you might want to including Anowon, the Ruin Sage
Posted 14 June 2013 at 07:39