Discussion Forum

:S

Say I had Unhallowed Pact casted on one of my creatures that had a card encoded on it. When that creature dies will it come back with the encode card still on it? I was going to use it in my 'shit you can't smell deck'. However I didn't put it in and I just wanted to know that simple question. Thanks :D
Posted 17 June 2013 at 16:37

[QUOTE=vines]Say I had Unhallowed Pact casted on one of my creatures that had a card encoded on it. When that creature dies will it come back with the encode card still on it? I was going to use it in my 'shit you can't smell deck'. However I didn't put it in and I just wanted to know that simple question. Thanks :D[/QUOTE]

When a permanent leaves play and comes back, it is as a new object so it has no link to anything previously impacting it. The encoded card will not be encoded on anything and will just remain in exile.
Posted 18 June 2013 at 04:48

I was asking because I read a rule a while back some about when creatures comes back to the battlefield it keeps it properties. You bring up the issue that made ask the question. I know one something laves play it comes as it was written on the card. I also read once about how when cards come back due to things like regen and undying that creature card being brought back leaver leave player. Other if the card does leave play it can't be regenerated. It the whole issue I need clearing up.
Posted 19 June 2013 at 07:30

Regeneration prevents a creature from dying, it doesn't bring it back from leaving play.

If anything changes zones; even temporarily, it becomes a new object.

[QUOTE]400.7. An object that moves from one zone to another becomes a new object with no memory of, or relation to, its previous existence.[/QUOTE]
Posted 19 June 2013 at 08:22

I know it does bring it back from leaving play. You kept saying "leaving play" so I needed to clear that up. That type of wording can confuse new players. Also keep in mind it shouzld be known exile isn't a zone. When a creature somes back from being exiled from the battlefield it comes back as it once was. We have to keep things clear so they can be easily understood by others.
Posted 19 June 2013 at 20:00

[QUOTE=vines]I know it does bring it back from leaving play. You kept saying "leaving play" so I needed to clear that up. That type of wording can confuse new players. Also keep in mind it shouzld be known exile isn't a zone. When a creature somes back from being exiled from the battlefield it comes back as it once was. We have to keep things clear so they can be easily understood by others.[/QUOTE]

Exile is a zone. If any object changes zones, it becomes a new object. That includes momentary blink effects. Please stop spreading misinformation.
Posted 20 June 2013 at 04:29

Mother fucker, I was told wrong then at one of the fnms I went to a while back. Those mother fuckers. They costed me the game. They told me it is nither in nor out of the game. I got done dirty!
Posted 27 June 2013 at 06:49