Discussion Forum

Red Resets

Will an Akroma's Memorial protect my creatures from Jokulhaups, Worldfire, and Apocolypse?

I am running a red goblin/direct damage/reset deck and I am trying to figure out a way to keep at least 1 creature or enchantment on the battlefield. I am thinking about running Akroma's Memorial, Keeper of Kookus, and Thick-Skinned Goblin to give myself Protection from Red. I know I will have to tap mana first to give the creatures protection from red before I play a reset. Will this keep them on the board? Also, will Jokulhaups, Worldfire, and Apocalypse resolve when Akroma's Memorial is wiped, or will it continue to work until all my permanents are destroyed?
Posted 26 June 2013 at 20:58

Protection from Red only prevents a creature from being targetted by a spell so the mass wipes you're playing will still kill them as they are not targetted. You'd also be waiting too long to play the reset since getting to 7 mana for memorial will put them at 7 mana as well which is pretty much end game already.

You need something like the champions from Lorwyn. Lightning Crafter would let you exile something like a Raging Goblin then after it is removed by Worldfire, you'd get a hasty 1/1 back for the kill.
Posted 27 June 2013 at 04:39