Discussion Forum

Illusionist's Bracers question

I want to know how Illusionist's Bracers work with pat pack's ability. Will it allow me to put out 2 for the price of one?
Posted 27 June 2013 at 06:18

what is "pat pack" ?

if you mean pack rat the answer is yes
Posted 27 June 2013 at 06:50

That's what I thought too. Do you how many times I go play some where and get told something and then I got you guys telling me the opposite? The answer is a lot.
Posted 27 June 2013 at 07:09

That's because magic is usually something you learn not by reading the rules but while playing against people who have played it before. In casual groups there's a lot of misinterpretations going around, it's just a common thing.
That all changes real quick once money gets involved = tournament play. Then suddenly its very important that everyone plays by the same set of rules and you have qualified judges running around to clear stuff up.
But there are a lot of confusing rules and cards even to tournament players, it's just the complex nature of the game.
Posted 27 June 2013 at 07:49

[QUOTE=vines]That's what I thought too. Do you how many times I go play some where and get told something and then I got you guys telling me the opposite? The answer is a lot.[/QUOTE]

If all else fails, ask a Judge. Asking the kid across the table is the worst thing you can do because he wants you to lose so telling you wrong is in his best interest.
Posted 27 June 2013 at 08:33

It be fair even some of the stuff you guys have said has been wrong. I was at this one place where these two judes that where there had to talk over about a situation that popped up in the game I was playing. I don't think they were very experienced judges. But they new a shit load about the rules. I think I was told by couple of the players there that those two dudes were level 3. I don't know what that means. But my point is sometimes it is even difficult for judges to come up with the answers. So don't trip on someone that makes a mistake about one of the rules.
Posted 28 June 2013 at 09:22

Show me one rules question you've asked that I've given you incorrect information on.
Posted 28 June 2013 at 11:56

Dude there has been a few but the lne that comes to mind I don't the name of the card by heart. Its a red card. It's not important any ways. The point I was trying to make was that we all make mistakes from time to time so chill on all that beef you give sometime. If I wanted a lot of beef I would go to Del Taco and get a macho combo burrito.
Posted 29 June 2013 at 08:15

I have been in mtgvault for quite a while, and now that i think of it i have never seen Epsilon wrong, actually he always backs up his information, he gives examples, and he knew the answers to questions that i would never have figured out, for example the split a second sitaution that deals damage and you can survive by the ability to give mana and life at the same time EX:. Pristine Talisman, i would never have thought of that so not only have i not seem him incorrect but also he taugh us all quite a few stuff, if you have seen something he said to be wrong please post it we can analyse the situation.
Posted 29 June 2013 at 19:48

While you have never noticed it and I believe that. Still he has been wrong and so has that seth dude because they were both agreeing on the answer. The reason I know is because I asked a judge. I don't even remember the card. I wish I did to show what I'm talking about. However, as far proving someone wrong that's not what drives me. The whole I was making was that no one is prefect so they should chill out with all hostile behavior. Yet here you come vouching to the contrary. Bro you don't need to to snuggle their Ds. They won't hurt you if you don't I promise.
Posted 30 June 2013 at 22:03

Please don't say we're wrong if you can't provide proof of it. I have provided the direct rules quotes on just about every rules question you have asked so if I'm wrong, the comprehensive rules must be wrong as well. (Hint: they're not.)

If I'm misinterpreting something, show an example don't just say "I don't remember what it was". I have no problem admitting if I'm wrong but you can't just say that I've been giving wrong information out since it's simply untrue and rather insulting without proof.
Posted 01 July 2013 at 06:15

Alright sorry about that. Though I really whish I could remember the name of the card.
Posted 01 July 2013 at 21:15