Discussion Forum

Geist of Saint Traft

Okay these past 3 week I've went out and played at different fnms. And each week Geist of Saint Traft sems to be popular. In fact it seems to be getting more popular. It's a really good card and I have been lucky in my matches against decks built around this card. So this got me thinking about making a deck built around this card. It will not be for public play. I don't likely playing with costly decks because it gets newer player thinking the need to have bank to play at a high level. I want to make it to play against my girl friend . She's has built a standard deck that whoops ass. My question is if I attack with Geist of Saint Traft can I use voidwalker that is already coded on Geist to exile the angel? And also when I exile the angel this will allow it to come back, right. My idea is to build a standard deck around this idea.
Posted 29 June 2013 at 08:49

You're unbelievable, Epsilon has answered this question for you at least 10 times already
Posted 29 June 2013 at 09:21

I know hexproof can't be targeted I was just using that creature as an example. Can you please point me to thread with the answer than.
Posted 30 June 2013 at 21:27

Tokens leaving play cannot return... for the 100th time...
Posted 01 July 2013 at 06:09

Why can't a tocken return? Because it resovles? I thought exiled things don't resovle?
Posted 01 July 2013 at 14:24

[QUOTE=vines]Why can't a tocken return? Because it resovles? I thought exiled things don't resovle?[/QUOTE]

Because it is a rule
Tokens are just like any other card with the exception of two things. Tokens characteristics are defined by what made them (for example, the text on a token is determined by the source generating it) AND tokens that leave play cease to exist after leaving play.

216.1. Some spells and abilities put a token creature into play. The token is controlled by whomever put it into play and owned by the controller of the spell or ability that created it. The rules text of the spell or ability may define any number of characteristics for the token. These are the token permanent’s initial values. A token doesn’t have any characteristics not defined by the spell or ability that created it. A token’s creature type is the same as its name. A Goblin creature token, for example, is named Goblin and has the creature subtype Goblin. If a token’s name is two words or more, it has the creature subtype for each of those words. For example, a Goblin Scout token is named Goblin Scout and has two creature subtypes: Goblin and Scout. Once a token is in play, changing its name doesn’t change its creature type, and vice versa.

216.2. A token is subject to anything that affects permanents in general or that affects the token’s type or subtype. A token isn’t considered a card (even if represented by cards from other games or Unglued cards) and isn’t subject to any effect that specifically uses the word “card.”

216.3. A token in a zone other than the in-play zone ceases to exist. This is a state-based effect. Note that a token changing zones will set off triggered abilities before the token ceases to exist.) Once a token has left play, it can’t be returned to play by any means
Posted 01 July 2013 at 19:46

That's a dumb rule.
Posted 01 July 2013 at 20:16