Discussion Forum

Aurelia, the Warleader

I have a question about Aurelia, the Warleader. I know I have been told exile creatures that come back are new objects. I also know how much you guys love contardicting yourselves. So for the sake of just making for sure before I put to gether the deck I have in mind I need to ask. When Aurelia, the Warleader attack for the 2nd time then is exiled and brought back that turn does that mean Aurelia gets two more attack phase?
Posted 30 June 2013 at 23:35

No... If she's attacked for the second time, you've already used your second combat so there won't be another one for her to attack in.

If you attack with her, get the second combat trigger and exile her after combat damage but before the second combat phase, you can get three combats. (or more if you have multiple blinks)

She is a new object after the blink so she will be attacking for the first time after each blink. You only get one extra combat per Aurelia plus the natural one for the turn, not two combats per Aurelia.
Posted 01 July 2013 at 06:19

If the creature is indeed a new object when the creature came back it would as if it were attacking for the first time regardless of how many times the creature attacked before the creature was exile that is if indeed the creature is a new object. Don't I got that right?
Posted 01 July 2013 at 14:22

Yes, but if you have attacked twice, you've already used up your extra combat step so the new object will not be able to attack to trigger a third combat.

You have to attack once, blink, attack once, blink to keep it going.
Posted 02 July 2013 at 04:21

I don't get it.
Posted 06 July 2013 at 12:45

What he means is that you have to attack untap and then use cards like

Momentary Blink
Flicker
Posted 07 July 2013 at 08:24

Oh so you mean you can attack twice and than exile Aurelia and than bring it back and have it have another two attacks. Why didn't he just say yeah you can do that.?
Posted 07 July 2013 at 08:53

[QUOTE=vines]Oh so you mean you can attack twice and than exile Aurelia and than bring it back and have it have another two attacks. Why didn't he just say yeah you can do that.?[/QUOTE]

He did, you just did not understood him.

1->You atack untap,
2->Momentary blink the girl,
3->attack,
4->momentary blink her again
5->attack
6->rinse and repeat as long as you have mana and anything that can blink

dude just read the cards....
Posted 07 July 2013 at 17:02

[QUOTE=vines]Oh so you mean you can attack twice and than exile Aurelia and than bring it back and have it have another two attacks. Why didn't he just say yeah you can do that.?[/QUOTE]

No, she grants one extra attack step. You attack once, blink, attack once, blink. You do not attack twice, blink, attack twice, blink.
Posted 08 July 2013 at 05:30