Discussion Forum

blocking trolls....

Recently people have been going around on lots of people's decks and comments, exiling all the comments everywhere so you can't see them. I think you should be able to block people from doing anything to your comments our seeing your decks or comments on your decks. One such person I know of for sure is named wolfdragon7, as a mock to me.
Posted 08 July 2013 at 19:27

We are working on a fix for this. Down voting comments will soon cost -1 rep. In the meantime, don't feed the trolls! :P
Posted 09 July 2013 at 15:34

[QUOTE=Gary]We are working on a fix for this. Down voting comments will soon cost -1 rep. In the meantime, don't feed the trolls! :P[/QUOTE]

I honestly don't know if that will solve the problem. Most of the trolls doing this are multi-account trolls, and will just use their countless accounts to downvote. Unless you can't downvote with 0 rep...I dunno, I think there needs to be some other kind of fix =/

Also, the vault needs moderators. It's too big now for you guys to deal with it all by yourself.
Posted 09 July 2013 at 19:10

Easy to say it needs mods, not so easy to write the system :D I have some ideas about sorting this out, plus it's easy to revert everything our end, which I'll discuss with Gary at somepoint.
Posted 09 July 2013 at 19:32

I can't even imagine how hard it is to write the system for mods, I'm just saying it's something worth seriously considering. I don't envy the job you guys do =/
Posted 09 July 2013 at 19:37

Would IP bans/silences be a reasonable option? I know nothing about computers though so I'm not sure how hard that would be to add.
Posted 09 July 2013 at 20:45

---------------------
Posted 09 July 2013 at 20:56

What does rep do exactly? I think you should make it so that people with more rep have a a little box that shoes new decks from them, or something. You get me?
Also, another guy is named poet master x x. He has posted on the deck "that's right I went there" by Chaplin. He admitted his numerous exiles.
Also, maybe a function that if someone downvotes too many times(like 5 in 1 day), they are banned from doing anything besides looking?
Also, sorry to ask so much, and something personal, would you be able to revert all the comments on all of my decks to non-exiled status?
Posted 10 July 2013 at 17:13

I have found the major one who i know for sure has multiple accounts. not the name, but thats the only way he would get exactly +2 rep on everything and be able to exile everything except the ones which are already upvoted.
his username is alleywayjack. dont know if you can do anything about it though. :P
Posted 17 July 2013 at 20:57