Discussion Forum

Double sided coins?

The card Molten Birth seems to be a good card. I have two double sided coins, one all heads and the other all tails. When playing cards that need a coin flip I alway let the other player pick heads or tail, lol like it matters. The cards dealing with coin flips don't say anything thing about not using double sided coins. So I figured it was legal.

However I was playing a friend and after wining my 100th straight coin flip. He grabbed the coin out of the air. When he saw it was double tails quater he told me I was cheating. I didn't know using a double sided coin was cheating. So that's why I'm asking if there is a rule against using doubled sided coins?
Posted 12 July 2013 at 11:10

I think it's an implied "don't be a dick" rule =P
Posted 12 July 2013 at 17:25

Well there are so many players that are dicks. I won't use the double side coins om, the nice players.
Posted 12 July 2013 at 18:35

If the coin is legal tender, it is legal for flips. If you have some double sided US quarter, it is not legal. However, there are certain currencies that are two headed (Australian coins, I believe, among others) that would be legal.

Of course, you would be defeating the purpose of the card which is cheating in spirit if not technically cheating...
Posted 15 July 2013 at 06:18

[QUOTE=vines]Well there are so many players that are dicks.[/QUOTE]

yes you, that and you're stupid
Posted 15 July 2013 at 13:03

I would suggest saying one side is heads one side is tails for the double sided coins. If worst comes to worst, you should be fine to just roll a die and call even or odd.
Posted 13 August 2013 at 22:41