Discussion Forum

API for Decks

This is more of a question than a suggestion since the search function hasn't been very helpful with this...

Is there an API which would allow me to get a deck list on mtgvault or post one? I'm asking this because I built an online play testing service which has an AI run duels between two decks and shows how they compare to other decks in the same Constructed Format. Now I'd like users to be able to import their decks from the big deck builder providers and/or post decks from my service. Tapped Out has a JSON API so I thought I'd ask if you provide something similar.

Yes, I know I can just parse the html and generate post requests myself but I'd prefer to do it the proper way.
Posted 10 August 2013 at 22:17

Just provide a deck text import, the vault provides a text export as do most sites. That way you are compatible with most deck builders out there.
It's also far easier then scraping the site and html parsing.

Can one play against the AI or is it just AI vs AI, I'm interested in testing it. I've been wanting to write something like this for years but never got around to it. Also be careful for Wizards of the Coast, they just love shutting stuff like this down.
Posted 13 August 2013 at 06:41

An export in .dec format is already available. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of "import all my decks" or even "keep my decks synced".

The website only runs automated AI vs AI duels. You can however download Magarena, which is the open source client I use the AI of, to play on your computer.

The website is online at firemind.ch but be warned, it's still very early in beta. If you have any feedback or suggestions to share I'm happy to hear them.
Posted 19 August 2013 at 21:42