Discussion Forum

Red/Blue t4 win?!

http://www.mtgvault.com/fatalideaz85/decks/frostbitten/

Hey there, I'm still new to MTG, This is my Nivix Cyclops red/Blue deck.
I attempted decent control/removal and damage, Let me know what you all think? Constructive critique is welcome! Have a good evening.
Posted 23 August 2013 at 04:05

It seems like you're low on lands. I realize you only need to get to 3-4 but you absolutely have to get there on turn.

I would consider playing Hidden Strings. It either taps down blockers or it untaps mana becoming a "free" spell to get the cyclops +3. With the Goblin in play it would even ramp you mana. It also "combos" with first/double strike allowing you to untap and get a few extra spells off before normal combat damage for more buffs.

I would also consider Dispel. Your biggest threat is going to be fog or some instant speed removal after making your cyclops huge and swinging in for the kill. If nothing else it's a 1 mana instant that you can exile with the nivmagus elemental after getting the spell casting triggers.

Phantom Warriors aren't really on theme. An unblockable 2/2 isn't really that impressive when you don't have any flat buffs in the deck. I would replace with Young Pyromancers which will give you plenty of chump blockers or extra damage off every cast.
Posted 23 August 2013 at 05:29

I have to agree with epsilon on the phantom warrior, you can find a much better add than that.

If you don't use one of the suggestions he gave you, you can even put in curiosity to throw on guttersnipe, then everytime you cast an instant or sorcery you'll get to draw a card, refueling your hand everytime you cast something =p
Posted 23 August 2013 at 16:18

My apologies for the delay, I've been unable to access my email and just recently found my way into my account heh.

Ok, .... well, .... What can I say, I like your idea's and thank you for contributing to the progress of an idea I mustered up. My reasoning behind the phantom was the "Unblockable" aspect he came equipped with allowing my to cipher with a little more ease, and looking further into that, you are correct. The dude's just out of place. So, out with the old, in with the young, I like the idea of cannon fodder for their attackers when acceptable. With the amount of sorc/inst's there shouldn't be a shortage of fodder for their attacker's. Ok, Since you've brought it to my attention, I do need to be able to counter that fog... After all, I didn't go through all this trouble (re-aligning the solar system) in order for a measly fog to intercept my swing. What would you think about Syncopate's? I'd actually prefer to add 4, idk what I would remove though is the issue... I chose Sync for the fact that I can essentially counter any spell with it, granted they can just pay the extra mana, idk... What are your thoughts on that?
Posted 27 August 2013 at 01:11

Similar to my current build.
may I ask why the limitation on the 4 turn win condition?
I'd add 4 of each; armed, mizzuim skin, teleportal, cyclops.

Also, adding some draw would be beneficial as well like divination, jace, think twice. you need play sets of these to fully assure a explicit victory!

Love these ideas for Nivix, hope to see more in the POST-ROTATION builds.

Heres my take on this deck idea.
Nivix Steampunk!
Posted 27 August 2013 at 19:26