Discussion Forum

Token Cards

I think it would be useful to have a way to add token cards to deck lists. It could either be in a separate category, like the sideboard, or maybe just available to add those cards to the sideboard.

This would be useful for people who are making cubes, for example. In general, knowing what tokens a deck uses might also help people in other formats prepare for play by having those tokens with them and ready to go.
Posted 28 August 2013 at 03:03

We haven't got any of the tokens in the database :( I guess we'd need to get all the data and artwork and then put it in ! Will add it to the list, though :)
Posted 06 September 2013 at 09:56

I don't really see how that would be useful... Seems like a huge amount of work for the devs with no actual benefit.

If you're just wanting to track which tokens are in which decks you can already add custom deck tags on all of them or just throw in comments.
Posted 06 September 2013 at 12:25

[QUOTE=Ian]We haven't got any of the tokens in the database :( I guess we'd need to get all the data and artwork and then put it in ! Will add it to the list, though :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for considering the suggestion.
Posted 07 September 2013 at 01:11

Yeah I agree with Epsilon, I don't see how they would be useful in current decks. However they would be very useful when creating Horde decks. Speaking of Magic cards that aren't really cards, how about adding Planechase and Archenemy cards?
Posted 10 September 2013 at 04:02

I have to disagree with you epsilon and mcolypotato. if your building a deck on here to order it would be very helpful as when your finished changing the deck, you could add your tokens and have them ordered as well. I'm not even considering the horde decks but even standard decks run tokens. being able to order the tokens at the same time as your deck would be a wonderful thing.
Posted 13 March 2014 at 06:52