Discussion Forum

Rakdos, Lord of Riots viable?

Hello all, so this is my first post on these forums so apologize if I link things incorrectly or what have you. At any rate, I am curious about the viability of Rakdos, Lord of Riots in legacy. I know he's a fairly popular pick for EDH decks, and for good reason, but would he work in a smaller deck? The friends I play with have no house rules or bans or anything and we play almost exclusively 4 man free for all legacy. I figured with all the multitarget spells out there, it should be easy as hell to proc his last ability. My general plan was to use Vexing Devil, Rakdos Cackler, and the like to give me a defensive line while I wait to get a Rakdos (maybe use some kind of tutor to help me find him?) and use burn spells to proc his effects to summon Eldrazi as my "time to win" strat. I realize that I'd probably be cutting it close but my friend makes her Eldrazi work in a green mana ramp deck so I see no reason why this wouldn't work as well. If this wouldn't work, any general suggestions for an interesting deck that would be good in 4 man FFA? I should also mention I'm pretty new to magic in general so any general deckbuilding advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posted 31 August 2013 at 02:01

to post a comment.