Discussion Forum

Izzet : Creature/Non creature Interactions

I made a Izzet deck(http://www.mtgvault.com/yg96/decks/izzet-burncontrol) and I had a few questions about card interaction.

Young Pyromancer, Guttersnipe, Goblin Electromancer, Mizzium Mortars, Volcanic Geyser, Turn // Burn.

Now here are my questions :

Mizzium Mortars
- Does Goblin Electromancer make the overload cost cheaper?

Volcanic Geyser
- Does Goblin Electromancer have any effect on X cost? So do I get -1 on the X. My thinking is no but I had to ask anyway.

Turn // Burn
- Does casting both halves activate Young Pyromancer and Guttersnipe two times?
- Does Goblin Electromancer work on both halves of the spell? Does one Goblin Electromancer makes the casting cost of Turn 1 blue and the casting cost of Burn 1 red/1 uncolored?
Posted 03 September 2013 at 03:46

[QUOTE]Mizzium Mortars
- Does Goblin Electromancer make the overload cost cheaper?
[/QUOTE]

Yes. The overload cost replaces the cost of the spell and then is modified by cost reducers/taxes.

[QUOTE]Volcanic Geyser
- Does Goblin Electromancer have any effect on X cost? So do I get -1 on the X. My thinking is no but I had to ask anyway.
[/QUOTE]

Yes. X is set when the spell goes on the stack which sets the cost of the spell at that time, you'll pay one less.

[QUOTE]Turn // Burn
- Does casting both halves activate Young Pyromancer and Guttersnipe two times?
- Does Goblin Electromancer work on both halves of the spell? Does one Goblin Electromancer makes the casting cost of Turn 1 blue and the casting cost of Burn 1 red/1 uncolored? [/QUOTE]

When you fuse a spell it becomes one spell with both effects read left to right. The casting cost is 3RU which will be reduced to 2RU and will only trigger the "when you cast" effects once. It is not two different spells.
Posted 03 September 2013 at 07:49