Discussion Forum

Black/Blue Discard/Exile/Mill Deck

Hi everybody,
I tried to build a black/blue deck. My main aim is to put as much cards from the enemy deck into the graveyard and than exile all creatures from it.
I built a deck with cards I already had. Please help me to improve it.
At the moment, it's not the fastest and I'm not sure what to change.

Here is a link to my current deck: http://www.mtgvault.com/wuud/decks/blackblue-discardexile/
Posted 23 October 2013 at 19:36

If you can't mill your opponents entire library it's better not to dedicate any cardslots to milling at all. Milling half your opponents decks doesn't get you anywhere unless you have some ressucrection combo strategy or something. I If I were you I would go with the Traumatise + Haunting Echoes (play 3 of each maybe) package and dedicate the rest of the deck to removal and creatures. That might work as a casual strategy.

You posed under standard legal deck dev but your deck isn't standard legal.

18 lands is enough to play spells costing maximum 2 mana. If you're playing casting cost 5 spells you'll be needing at least 24 land. And just dropping land without acceleration or cantrips isn't very optimal.
Posted 24 October 2013 at 07:23

Moved to Eternal Discussion as deck is not Standard legal.
Posted 24 October 2013 at 19:16

Is this yet another guy with 1 post to his name, who comes here posts a question and never comes back. Why do people do that? I think I'm going to stop help people with less then 10 posts to their name.
Posted 28 October 2013 at 08:10

Sorry for not responding so quickly!
I changed some cards. "Only" 3 traumatize in the deck, got rid of some other cards.
Less Memnite and Ornithopter. Added Jaces Phantasm and Wight of Recinct Six. Also added Breaking/Entering, I think it's a bit better than mind sculpt.

Still not so sure, if I should Assassinate, Frost Breath and Shred Memory keep in the deck.
Mind Funeral seems like a good card, way better than Destroy the Evidence. Maybe I will add this card, too, not so sure about this though.

My next "big" goal is to get the Deck at 60 cards. By losing Assassinate, Frost Breath and Shred Memory I could acomplish this, but I'm not sure about it.
Also the Sideboard needs to be redone, but I don't have good enough cards for this and don't want to spend to much money on it.
Posted 03 November 2013 at 17:58

dont do that. I am new and trying to get some help! http://www.mtgvault.com/sealthedeal/decks/blackblue-and-red-all-over/

Look at mine. It is standard. I need all the help I can get! Thanks!
Posted 07 November 2013 at 03:49