Discussion Forum

Geth - EDH Zombies

Hey there. I'm looking for some advice on this mono black edh. The "sideboard" were maybe cards.

http://www.mtgvault.com/toughit/decks/edh-zombies-geth/
Posted 31 October 2013 at 18:40

You're missing 57 cards there...

Lose the rituals. One shot ramp effects aren't worth it unless you're making it a more competitive combo deck.

I'm assuming the "urborg" you're looking for is Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, not the one of you've included there.

Geth isn't really a strong tribal leader as he suggests his own, unrelated strategy. Either way, move him to the sideboard if he's your general so he's more obvious.

You're completely lacking in removal, board wipes and card draw.

With less than half a deck there, I'm not sure what more advice you're looking for.
Posted 01 November 2013 at 06:24

[QUOTE=_Epsilon_]You're missing 57 cards there...

Lose the rituals. One shot ramp effects aren't worth it unless you're making it a more competitive combo deck.

I'm assuming the "urborg" you're looking for is Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth, not the one of you've included there.

Geth isn't really a strong tribal leader as he suggests his own, unrelated strategy. Either way, move him to the sideboard if he's your general so he's more obvious.

You're completely lacking in removal, board wipes and card draw.

With less than half a deck there, I'm not sure what more advice you're looking for.[/QUOTE]

I was looking to get an idea for more cards. I was having issue coming up with the rest.

So from what you've given me Im looking to add damnation, liturgy of blood, and quag sickness. In not sure what to add for card draw or who to use for a commander.

The other thing is I forgot Erebos the new god.

Thanks so far!
Posted 01 November 2013 at 07:40

I was playing my Glissa deck the other day which has Geth in it.

Ended up stealing a Crypt Ghast from a player with him and then managed to get ~3 clones of it from various players... It was pretty disgusting how lopsided he makes games when he has multiple mana doublers to work with as you can just chain through a players deck in a few turns.

Totally unrelated to your post but your general reminded me of the game...
Posted 12 November 2013 at 13:26