Discussion Forum

Commander / EDH Legality

We have legality for many of the commonly played formats, but not for EDH. Since EDH has become pretty much all my group plays, and most of what I use mtgvault for, it would be absolutely amazing if we had EDH legality next to our decks.
Posted 11 November 2013 at 05:07

EDH = vintage + short restriction list that is pretty easy to memorize. If you play the format you should know the banned cards.

Another issue is that Commander is a format where the restriction list is a guide more then a rule and a format where houseruling/banning is common. On top of that there are actually 2 types of Commander, your usual multiplayer Commander as it was intended when it was still called EDH and 1vs1 (duel) competitive EDH which follows the french banned cards list and can be found here http://duelcommander.com/banlist/
Posted 13 November 2013 at 10:10

Since this posts only says Commander / EDH Legality i would suggest turning this post into a discussion on why and what cards would you like to be removed from EDH banlist.

i have been searching for a post of the sort in MTGVAULT but couldn't find one.

I could start what i want you to say is a thing of the sort,

: i Do not agree with worldfire ban i know it is a bit(lol) overwpowered in the format, i fell they did not gave time for it to be played enough...

Posted 23 November 2013 at 03:54

Yea I agree, we should be able to do it easy enough, considering the ban list is pretty short.
Posted 07 January 2014 at 16:25

Would be awesome to select the EDH/Commander format when building a new deck, and for the deck editor to cap out the number of cards at 100. Additional cards added would either be reddened text or automatically go into the sideboard.

Additionally, I'd like to be able to designate which card is my Commander/General and it would be listed in a separate category a la "Artifacts," "Creatures," etc., or featured in some other way.

Thanks!
Posted 27 January 2014 at 19:14

There actually is a banned list for edh. you can find it at the following site
http://mtgcommander.net/rules.php
click on deck construction and it will show the banned list for cards in the deck as well as banned legends for the commander
Posted 11 March 2014 at 17:31

Dear Seth,

The idea behind using the deck legality list is having a quick go-to reference for legality. I don't know the vintage legality list by heart, nor the small list of 30 cards that make up commander legality.

I am a relatively experienced player, but I could imagine quite a few new players would love the commander legality indicator.

Another small addition: it would be great if hovering over one of the legality indicators would highlight the illegal cards in your decklist!
Posted 27 March 2014 at 10:02

Having Commander and French Commander Deck Legality would be a great feature to add and an easy enough one to implement too. This could be done in an hour and would add utility to the site.
Posted 06 August 2014 at 01:29