Discussion Forum

Death's Shadow

Like always I play powerful decks but that are also very fun to play. So I was thinking about the card Death's shadow. This is a creature 13/13 for one black mana. It gets -x/-x where x is the total of your life. My whole idea for this would be deck is "what if x was negative?"
Would that pump up Death's Shadow? Because say your total life was -22 and so for Death's shadow x would be -22 so Death's Shadow would get -(-22)/-(-22). Giving the creature +22/+22. At least that's how I'm thinking it would work. Please clear this up for me.
Posted 26 December 2013 at 13:47

yes that would work. Play something that says you can't die and beat the other guy dead with your big ass 1 drop.
Posted 26 December 2013 at 14:12

Yeah man that's the plan. In fact I am going to take it a step futher. By using enchantments that buff up solo creatures along with powerful white enchantments. And some other stuff.
Posted 26 December 2013 at 15:14

Yeah I dont think im going to play the deck I had in mind in public or even post it up on her. The reason being is because a few of the cards I have in mind cost a lot to buy so it not something most people can get.
Posted 27 December 2013 at 02:17

I have a friend who did really well in the legacy tournament scene here in Belgium with a UB Death's Shadow brew in 2012, he won a few big tournaments. I looked up his list for you:

2 Underground Sea
2 Watery Grave
3 Wasteland
4 Polluted Delta
3 Misty Rainforest
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Island
1 Swamp
1 Darkslick Shores

4 Delver of Secrets
4 Dark Confidant
4 Death’s Shadow

4 Brainstorm
4 Gitaxian Probe
2 Ponder
4 Force of Will
4 Daze
4 Thoughtseize
2 Hymn to tourach
1 Cabal Therapy
2 Snuff Out
2 Dismember
1 Diabolic Edict

SB
3 Surgical Extraction
1 Darkblast
1 Duress
1 Diabolic Edict
1 Hymn to Tourach
1 Dread of Night
3 Perish
2 Pithing Needle
2 Relic of Progenitus
Posted 27 December 2013 at 07:54

He has a lot of the cards I was going to use. I may make the deck. And I may post it up here and you guys can see which one is more beast. :) Thanks for sharing that man.
Posted 29 December 2013 at 11:28