Discussion Forum

'The Ebon clan'

Decided I'd try making a deck based mainly on card with the word "Ebon" such as 'ebon dragon' & 'Ebon hand'. I would like to hear some deck suggestions(sideboard are cards i've considered so far) To how you would make a deck where you had to include at least 1 of each of the 12 cards including ebon/ebony at the mainboarded.

http://www.mtgvault.com/chain/decks/the-ebon-clandone/

The amount of lose life is my biggest concern atm, du to being short on ideas for mass multiplayer

Edit: made it to 60, requesting feedback
Posted 01 January 2014 at 14:08

you're deck won't be able to play it's high mana cost cards (cc 5+) on 20 land. You'll get stuck at 3 land, maybe 4 and you'll start missing a lot of land drops.

The way I used to accelerate my mana in mono black (it's been a while since I've played this type of deck/format) was using Korlash, Heir to Blackblade, Cabal Coffers and Lord of the Undead. That provided me with a lot of mana fast but it doesn't really fit your theme. I also like Mind Stone in black decks as it accelerates me 1 turn and late game can be sacked for a card if you no longer need the mana.
Posted 23 January 2014 at 08:10

Well, perhaps I should replace the Thrulls with Dark Rituals?

"Korlash, Heir to Blackblade"
Looks great for another deck I've been making, however why the heck "Zombie" -_-
One of the creature types I like the least in mtg is Zombies and it just appear to be the most common creature type in black :/ (Even other types of undead like Ghouls, Wights and the like are Zombies in mtg -_- )

Anyway the other deck idea is based on Warhammer armies Warriors of Chaos and Visually "Korlash, Heir to Blackblade" fit that greatly(I suppose he could fit a Nurgle lord, Worshipping decay and sickness and being "blessed" with such might not be to far from a Zombie i suppose)

Done he'll take the lord spot and an enchantment spot from that deck.
Previously had "Zulaport Enforcer" as the "Lord" or rather flavor of trained from a warrior to exalted hero to lord, now he'l start out as a lord.

Anyway here's the other deck

http://www.mtgvault.com/chain/decks/for-the-dark-godsdone/

That's one is an 80 cards deck, from experience it's my prefered deck size giving variation without being to big. It's great to hear other point of views, especially since I hardly ever play competivly but rather casual play and rarely 1v1(free for all, 2 headed giant, Star(most common), Arch Enemy, Emperor, 3 headed, 2v2v2, 7 pointed star & rarely 5v5 are the ones i most often play)
1v1 I do about 5 games a month aside draft.
Posted 24 January 2014 at 12:37