Discussion Forum

concerns

I have been a member of the main site for a while now, but i am becoming incresingly annoyed with some of the decks people are posting and the way some members take no pride in the way they talk on the decks or in the comments..... I am all for having a good time and creating a non sense deck, but this one is at the point of absolute rediculousness..... and its in the hot list.... I have noticed people make these bupkis decks just to get to the hot list.... my concern is that it is taking away from those members who actually try to make a viable deck...... this deck in particular is what pushed me over the edge today

http://www.mtgvault.com/rydon99/decks/ultimate-budget-deck/

i have no idea why someone would even post something like this..... I have been playing since 1994, but its decks like this that make me wonder if the community is even worried about the state of game play these days
Posted 16 January 2014 at 21:53

We do care about the state of the game, but this site has a history of amusing troll decks. The one in question made me chortle out of nostalgia for the more legitimate ones, like those using Storm crow, or Bone Saw, such as the decks of Awz?.
Posted 20 January 2014 at 00:11

I miss Awz?. He was the best example of what a good troll should be.
Posted 20 January 2014 at 00:57

I'm not happy with the homepage as it is now - it's far too easy to get on there. I'm going to have to concoct a new algorithm and push up the lowest denominators for entry. :)
Posted 22 January 2014 at 11:34

It's fine to make such decks, though probably shouldn't be public(personally got a ton of deck ideas ~115 or so decks in my profile, but only the finished decks and drafts are share in public.
It's how I expect the majority to do as well(the rest of my decks are mostly a waste of time for others)

The extra attension given to joke decks I agree is unfortunate, but hey it was the same at youtube and a ton of other sites.

Effort doesn't grant comments on it's own. THis sites strongest fort imo is to create future decks before you get the cards.
Posted 23 January 2014 at 00:23