Discussion Forum

Enchantments, Gods Willing, and Destroy

So in MTGO this has happened to me a few times now. Someone targets my creature that has an enchantment effect on it with a destroy effect. I respond with a Gods Willing of the chosen color, giving my creature protection. Every time any and all enchantments on the creature that I saved hit the graveyard, is that right? If it isn't how do I stop it? Or is it some weird state-based issue? :mad:
Posted 03 February 2014 at 08:18

If you're giving the creature protection from the color of the auras, they will fall off. If it's different colors, there's likely a bug in MTGO and you should report it.
Posted 03 February 2014 at 09:05

[QUOTE=_Epsilon_]If you're giving the creature protection from the color of the auras, they will fall off. If it's different colors, there's likely a bug in MTGO and you should report it.[/QUOTE]

I've heard this before, that giving protection doesn't work in relation to auras falling of on MTGO. I would have thought it would have been fixed a long time ago
Posted 03 February 2014 at 09:39

[QUOTE=_Epsilon_]If you're giving the creature protection from the color of the auras, they will fall off. If it's different colors, there's likely a bug in MTGO and you should report it.[/QUOTE]

If that's true and let's say for example that my creature was Pacified. I draw a Gods Willing next turn and cast it targeting that creature giving him pro-white (post resolve obviously), that Pacifism will fall off? I thought it only worked in the targeting phase and once something was on a creature, even if it gains protection from it it will still remain there. Could be wrong but that doesn't seem right to me.
Posted 03 February 2014 at 23:59

Protection prevents targetting, damage, enchanting/equiping, and blocking.

If you give a creature protection from a color, all auras of that color will fall off. Similar with protection from artifacts (or a color) on equipment.

That is why certain auras that give protection from a color have an additional bit of rules stating the protection granted by the aura does not cause the aura to be removed.
Posted 04 February 2014 at 05:31