Discussion Forum

Bitterblossom unbanned

Makes me want to play modern. It's gonna hit like a bomb. :)
Posted 03 February 2014 at 11:58

Wow really? This is an interesting turn of events for the format.
Posted 03 February 2014 at 12:03

they say because Lingering souls isn't doing much so bitterblossom won't impact the format much against current powerhouses which might be true. Makes Spellstutter Sprite a lot better though and that used to be relevant.
Also makes for a great aggro stopper and with Deathrite shaman banned they obviously trying to tone down BGx based decks.
Posted 03 February 2014 at 12:19

Good luck finding them now that the price has jumped so far... At least for the next few weeks it's not even worth trying to get one (let alone a play set).
Posted 04 February 2014 at 11:36

lol, remember what the hype was pre-Modern. Lets make a format like legacy but affordable. The price impact on cards Modern has and has had since it was born is mind blowing. And the price fluctuations are mind blowing. Everything is expensive now. The price of shocklands was disgusting at one point then plumeted due to reprint, the price impact on fetch remains disgusting. To me modern has become an abomination. Legacy while expensive has always been worth the investment and still is today because it's stable and enjoys a gradual increase in cardprice that is also very stable.
Modern is just of the scale and the banning/unbanning make people do unbelievable shit. It's like speculation heaven.

I have my blossoms from back when they were printed, it's a good card, that has never changed. It's legacy good but even if it wasn't it would still be a good card that needed to be part of my collection. Just like toughtseize, fetch, duals, everything that makes sense. People should buy cards when they are banned and not when they are unbanned, that's just stupid. Also if you really want it wait 2 months for crying out loud and don't buy them when they are likely at their highest price ever.
Posted 04 February 2014 at 12:52

Yeah. If I were playing for all the sets of Modern I might consider jumping in but the prices of fetches and goyfs and all that is just ridiculous. I came back to the game with new phyrexia so I'm missing some choice cards from quite a few sets. With EDH, I only need singles and most EDH playables are pretty affordable. Tournament modern cards are all off the charts and they pull crap like Modern Masters that did absolutely nothing to the prices of cards or the availability of actual staples...

Then they keep banning cards from whatever is dominating every few months making prices fluctuate like crazy.

The idea behind Modern was excellent. The execution has been pretty terrible.
Posted 04 February 2014 at 13:09

Modern Masters must be the worst money for crap stunt I've seen wizards pull in well forever. They are cashing in on total crap for a chance of a Goyf and a Bob.
When people first told me about modern masters being in the pipeline they talked about it like wizards was making an attempt to make modern more accesible. Didn't turn out that way. I joined one modern masters sealed tournament just for fun and I must say I have more fun playing pauper and the powerlevel is way higher.
Posted 04 February 2014 at 14:36

I've heard rumours BitterBlossom will be in the Modern Event deck that's printed later this year.
Posted 04 February 2014 at 17:16

[QUOTE=Ian]I've heard rumours BitterBlossom will be in the Modern Event deck that's printed later this year.[/QUOTE]

lmao, that would be something, unban + sell. that's just amazing
Posted 04 February 2014 at 18:18

[QUOTE=Ian]I've heard rumours BitterBlossom will be in the Modern Event deck that's printed later this year.[/QUOTE]

Everyone and their dog is speculating at that... Is your rumor source actually credible though?
Posted 05 February 2014 at 07:37

Aye, just relaying what everyone and their dog is preaching over at reddit, incase anyone doesn't read there. :)
Posted 05 February 2014 at 15:46