Discussion Forum

competitive burn deck, need opinions

Hi. Since born of the gods released ive been testing this deck and coming with this, it seem to work with the actua meta and ive made a lot of changes after ending with this, but im relative new with the game, and i would like to hear the advices of other people about this deck, ive seen others version of this deck after this, and all of them i saw refused to add the white splash, while i really think it is a need to survive the meta, mono blue win when drop master of waves with red protection, so chained to the rocks help a lot with this deck, and every deck with a creature bigger than a x/3 is a pain in the ass without chained to the rocks, then to play to control decks, i can change with the sideboard to things that dont target creatures, or even skullcrack to dont let them win lifes, then revoke existence to get ride of some detention spheres or gods.

I really would like to hear some opinions of this decks. So, thank you if you take the time :)

Deck: http://www.mtgvault.com/sang11/decks/rw-burn/
Posted 13 February 2014 at 07:39

Ive tried to build this deck over and over again and it seems I run out of steam far to early or mid range decks overrun me with huge monsters.

From what I can see:

I don't like guttersnipe in your sideboard. But take a look at things like:
Purphoros, God of the Forge
Awaken the Ancient

these might help with midrange decks
I personally would change the ash zealots to guttersnipes and seering blood to homing lightning or Warleader's Helix
Posted 13 February 2014 at 09:31

awaken the ancient is a really bad option, i prefer using something like stormbreath dragon.

The guttersnipe its not a good option for main, cant use him to block or attack and i use normally 1 or 2 spells by turn, mostly make me loose the 3th turn. But to play with decks that use just a few creatures or non of them its perfect to switch for the satyr firedancers. For now ash zealot is working better.

About Purphoros, god of the forge i should give it a try, but dont know what should take off for him, at least for some test.

Idk about changing searing blood, its a really good removal, well used its a 5 damage for 2 of mana, Im considering changing fated conflagration for warleader's helix in the sideboard. But i should try, its true, the steam run out in mid game, but the idea of the deck its kill before that. Ill keep testing with your advices in mid, thank you :)
Posted 13 February 2014 at 17:21