Discussion Forum

Legacy Turn Combo

Seems like a really fun deck, so I'm deciding to build this one soon. Opinions and suggestions needed since I want it to be consistent and effective. Granted I know combo decks have that fatal flaw of if you disrupt my combo my strategy is ruined for the game.. I think this one looks decent, but wouldn't mind another view and take on it.

Goes on hitting the final fortune, isochron scepter, sundial of the infinite combo as soon as possible and red suns zenith being continually used and cycled back into my deck.

I wish I had gamble to put in, but I don't have any, nor do I see myself obtaining any of them anytime soon.

http://www.mtgvault.com/chewrida/decks/infinite-fortune/
Posted 18 February 2014 at 05:14

WTF when did Gamble jump to $20?
Posted 18 February 2014 at 06:17

I'm still confused by "at the end of turn"and sundial. Does it (the you lose the game) go on the stack so you can exile it or not and why?
Posted 18 February 2014 at 08:46

[QUOTE=Seth]I'm still confused by "at the end of turn"and sundial. Does it (the you lose the game) go on the stack so you can exile it or not and why?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's a delayed trigger. Once it triggers, you end the turn so it doesn't resolve.
Posted 18 February 2014 at 10:07

ok I'm with you so far but a while back when sundial was printed there was some confusion about suff with "at the end of turn" not using the stack and stuff with "at the beginning of the end step" using the stack and as such having an interaction with sundial.

For instance Act of Treason. Is Gain control of target creature until end of turn a delayed trigger that goes on the stack? I was under the impression that it was not.

Sneak attack however is more clear to me as being a delayed trigger that uses the stack:

You may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. That creature gains haste. Sacrifice the creature at the beginning of the next end step.
Posted 18 February 2014 at 10:27

The card was errata'd to "at the beginning of that turn's end step" for clarity.

You don't usually get priority in the cleanup step (when things like act of treason wear off). Also, end the turn cards don't skip the cleanup step, they move directly to it.
Posted 18 February 2014 at 10:32

[QUOTE=_Epsilon_]WTF when did Gamble jump to $20?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but I was pretty upset when seeing that. Last time a looked quite a while ago, gamble was only a few dollars. I really wanted gamble to be in this deck too, but oh well.
Posted 18 February 2014 at 12:04

I was also thinking about crack the earth and razer to control the opponent early game and im taking extra turns and my spells all cost 2 or less so they wouldn't hurt me too much.
Posted 18 February 2014 at 15:19