Discussion Forum

First Budget Standard Decks

Hello, I joined this forum recently to share and discuss decks with a friend of mine easily. I thought I'd share a couple decks that I've made here that are standard legal and what many would consider budget decks.

The first is a token deck using mostly cards from the Ravnica block found here:
http://www.mtgvault.com/ibajiah/decks/selesnya-swarm/

The second deck is a heroic deck that uses many common/uncommon cards from Theros and Born of the Gods. It can be found here:
http://www.mtgvault.com/ibajiah/decks/bestowed-heroes/

Take a look and post your comments on the decks as I'm checking that all the time and always trying to come up with new ideas for decks. I really like to run fast decks and I constrain myself to $20-$30 budget because for me, it's an extra challenge that forces me to be creative with my choice of cards and building a fnm competitive deck with a lot of synergy.

The Decklist -

Selesnya Swarm:
//Creatures
4x Centaur's Herald
4x Elvish Mystic
2x Emmara Tardis
4x Vitu-Ghazi Guildmage
4x Wayfaring Temple

//Instant
4x Selesnya Charm

//Enchantment Artifact
4x Bow of Nylea

//Sorcery
4x Call of the Conclave

//Land
12x Forest
10x Plains

Bestowed Heroes:
//Creatures
4x Akroan Crusader
4x Anax Cymede
4x Auramancer
4x Hero of Iroas
4x Phalanx Leader
2x Setessan Battle Priest

//Enchantment Creature
4x Eidolon of Countless Battles
4x Everflame Eidolon
2x Hopeful Eidolon

//Instant
4x Dynacharge
4x Weapon Surge

//Land
9x Mountains
11x Plains
Posted 25 February 2014 at 23:16

Welcome to the forums ibajiah! I didn't have a lot of time to look over the lists, but I was wondering if you'd considered Dragon Mantle for your heroic deck. I noticed you had Everflame Eidolon, so it seems on-theme.
Posted 27 February 2014 at 00:34

For the selesnya tokens you have many options which are now fairly budget priced such as advent of the wurm (which is a complete house), and also trostani is currently low priced as she doesn't see much standard play
Posted 01 March 2014 at 00:14