Discussion Forum

My Latest EDH

http://www.mtgvault.com/epsilon-2/decks/ephara-edh/

I finally got around to putting up my Ephara list and was quite surprised with how powerful she turned out. The deck is also quite fun to play. She's a great card advantage engine and then easily turns into a three turn clock with only a single buff.
Posted 03 March 2014 at 09:35

is Aether Vail worth the cardslot and how does it perform in a deck with such a veriaty of CC?
Posted 04 March 2014 at 07:59

[QUOTE=Seth]is Aether Vail worth the cardslot and how does it perform in a deck with such a veriaty of CC?[/QUOTE]

That was a card I wanted to test originally when I put it in but after trying it out, it's actually been extremely powerful. I also had Quicksilver Amulet in there originally but the Aether Vial has turned out to be way better and the amulet was cut for other things. The majority of the stuff I want to drop in is either at the 3 or 4 cost and there are a lot of them so I can just let it sit on 3 until I want/need to up it to 4. It gets really dumb combined with Crystal Shard.

I had a really nice start one game where I dropped land turn 1 into the aether vial. Next turn I top decked Sol Ring, played that and Trinket Mage. Next turn I dropped the Crystal Shard and started bouncing the mage and ramping out all my artifact lands and 0 cost stuff while drawing like crazy off Ephara triggers every upkeep. Then started doing that with Geist if he was blocked when I attacked. Eventually ticked it to 4 and started abusing that with Venser.
Posted 04 March 2014 at 09:25

ok, I'm sold, I'm gonna try it :)

--EDIT--

ok already thinkering (low CC Aluren Theme, yes I'll need a kill in there eventually, just gathering all sorts of potential cards that fit the theme)

Colors UGB maybe-> Vorosh, the Hunter

Aluren
Earthcraft
Cloudstone Curio
Aether Vial
Crystal Shard
Erratic Portal
Recycle
Words of Wind

Soul of the Harvest
Coiling Oracle
Prophet of Kruphix
Mulldrifter
Raven Familiar
Wall of Blossoms
Wood Elves
Elvish Visionary
Man-o'-War
Dream Stalker
Voidmage Husher
Cavern Harpy
Sea Gate Oracle
Sedraxis Alchemist
Parasitic Strix
Baleful Strix
Shardless Agent
Eternal Witness
Cloud of Faeries
Posted 04 March 2014 at 12:37

Curio could be fun in the deck... it's in my Triad deck right now so I'll probably hold off on it but it could be quite good.
Posted 05 March 2014 at 07:10