Welcome to MTG Vault!
Legacy Deck Development
Red/Green/White Deck Help
So I'm trying to develop a MTG deck based off of some cool deck themes that I found in the Ravnica and Shards of Alara blocks. The main ideas behind this deck are: 1) Make alot of of creatures (Selesnia),
2) Make the creatures really hard to stop (Gruul and Naya),
and 3) Win the game as fast as possible,
or at least speed up the process (Boros).
I'm not entirely sure how to put this deck together really well, and I need alot of help. Thanks! :)
Posted 08 March 2014 at 03:32
Login to post a comment
I take it you're not aiming at tournament play. If so, fantastic, you can't actually do anything wrong. Just go through the trial and error process of building, testing against friends, building, testing etc... If for tournament, you need to create proxy decks for every popular deck in the meta and test against those, much more difficult to get a deck up to that level and you would need to do a lot of testing against good players.
As for the building
- list all the good creatures you would like to use
- list all the good spell you would like to use
- filter it down and build, if you list it here we'll help. do know that no player, no matter how good builds a perfect deck without the process of testing. It can't be done. So if you are hoping to buy just 60 cards and have the perfect deck I'm afraid you're in for a disappointment.
Posted 10 March 2014 at 18:28
Thank you for the advice. It really helped out alot.
Posted 29 March 2014 at 12:12
- filter it down and build, if you list it here we'll help. do know that no player, no matter how good builds a perfect deck without the process of testing. It can't be done. So if you are hoping to buy just 60 cards and have the perfect deck I'm afraid you're in for a disappointment.[/QUOTE]
That is the best statement I've seen for building a deck in a long time. It's so very true.
Posted 31 March 2014 at 01:48
Forgot your password
Don't have an account yet?