Discussion Forum

Printing proxy

Hello, since i could not find any thread that refers to this i have decided to post it in chill zone, sorry if I'm in wrong section.

I have an issue printing proxies from MTG Vault.

When i do, real printed cards come up smaller size than proper MTG cards.

Can anyone help with this issue ?

This is pattern that i use- "Proxy this deck" on MTG vault, CRTL+P (print) given page, Properties (Orientation - Portrait ,Advanced, Page size - Letter, Interleaving - Off, Images - JPG-Medium compression).

Lately, they even start cutting each other from page 2 till end (with each page first row would be even more cut by second)

I'm using newest firefox browser and windows 7 OS.

Any help would be appritiated.
Posted 13 March 2014 at 18:14

Yea, Sorry, we know about this. Some recent update in FF messed it up. Chrome works fine atm though, if you have access to that!

I'll move this thread to bugs :)
Posted 13 March 2014 at 22:02

whenever i go to print my decks it cuts some of the first row of cards on each page, why is this happening?
Posted 10 March 2017 at 00:33

this is happening to me aswell
Posted 22 March 2017 at 22:23

Is FF referring to both printed size and card cutting each other or just the cutting issue ? I'm asking this because i have seen the post about cutting but not about card size.

Prompt reply would be very appreciated since i need to print proxy tomorrow and in bulk (about 40 pages).
Posted 13 March 2014 at 22:37

The card cutting on page two, sorry! I don't believe there's a way to stop it in FF atm.

In Chrome I think if you use 90% size, they are pretty much the same size as a card (i.e they fit fine in sleeves with basics in the back for rigidity).
Posted 13 March 2014 at 22:40

I'm not sure what you are referring at with 90%.
Posted 13 March 2014 at 22:43

Ah crap, that's a Firefox setting isn't it. In Chrome they don't do the overlapping, so should be fine. They do come up slightly smaller, but with sleeves that's okay? That said, if you're doing 40 pages.....

For sanity; our pixel size is 222 x 314 and I believe a real card is 240 x 332. We've had to make them that size, else you can't get 9 on a page.
Posted 13 March 2014 at 22:54

I guess it is FF setting. Anyways, i will be using Chrome now.

Yes, about 40 pages and i wish to glue them on cards for casual play with friends, so, the prints should be about the same size as MTG card (+/- 1-2MM). Last time i did print proxy via MTG Vault they turned out at least 6-7MM short both in height and width, not catastrophic but...pretty noticeable.

Is there a way to print them bigger ?

If it's of any importance, i do not print them on this PC, i make proxy , print via browser and then transfer that file to copy office for printing.
Posted 13 March 2014 at 22:59

.... card sleeves bro.
Posted 24 April 2020 at 02:33

Quick and dirty way:

Load the proxy page in Chrome. Press F12 and then developer tools will appear. Click on the console tab and paste the following in:

$('img').css({ 'height': '332px', 'width': '240px' });
$('.card').css({ 'height': '332px', 'width': '240px' });

Then press enter. This'll resize everything to the exact size of an MTG card (I googled the pixels, but I guess you may want to go a few less just incase). This'll put 4 cards per page instead of 9, but I guess if you're using files and proper printing anyway, probably doesn't matter. :-)

Have fun playing with your proxies!! :D
Posted 13 March 2014 at 23:09

Tested and that helps, thanks a lot!

It will make it more expensive, but also better.
I sure hope that i will, thank you.
Posted 13 March 2014 at 23:17

Happy to help. Maybe we can modify the page so the sizes are passed in the URL, that way anyone can print anything they want.

I will let you know if/when we fix the Firefox issue, although the hack above won't work!

:-)

Ian
Posted 13 March 2014 at 23:19

Would be wicked, yeah!
Posted 13 March 2014 at 23:30

With bigger size you can fit 8 cards on a single page if you use landscape with minimum margins (chrome). Which makes it a good deal with only 1 card less per page.

Will get back with info about how big cards truly turn up to be comparing to regular MTG cards.

Hopefully this info will come in handy for other people too.
Posted 14 March 2014 at 13:51

Okay, here it is.

Expanding via console did work just not as i anticipated.
Printed proxy turned out to be even bigger than the card (3-4mm height and width) and they were rather blurry.

But, on the other hand i did print a few pages without expanding them in console
and they turned out to be EXACT card size as MTG cards with minimum blur. I did this because i have reworked my blue deck (which turned out smaller first time i printed) thinking that they would turn out smaller again.

So, could it be that FF is just awful for printing proxies ? I did proxy on FF at least a month ago.

To summarize:

Firefox : Normal size print - Turns out 3-4mm smaller than MTG cards.

Chrome : Normal size print - Turns out exact size as MTG cards, Enlarged printing - Turns out 3-4mm bigger than MTG card size.
Posted 17 March 2014 at 15:18

How weird :| Glad it's sorted for the future now though. Go Chrome! :P
Posted 20 March 2014 at 10:32