Discussion Forum

Changeling EDH Help?

Alright, so I've got the basics down for my Changeling EDH deck with Reaper King as my commander, with a pretty good mana base and utility. I was wondering if any of you guys had any tips, or if there were any tribes I was forgetting that might help me out?

I've got some alternate commanders in my side deck as well as a boatload of other cards that didn't make the cut.

EDIT: Forgot link, oops

http://www.mtgvault.com/legendxp/decks/changeling-edh/
Posted 14 March 2014 at 15:22

It's a fun concept and I must admit you managed to dig up some really interested cards (under sorceries) that abuse changelings BUT in the end it's a tribal deck in a multiplayer format. If you read some of my comments to Commander decks posted here it's always the same thing, people don't play enough card draw and build decks that force them to overextend. Basically you play a bunch of cards (creatures), I play 1 card (wrath of God), you are behind on cards and I'm winning, you do the same again, I do the same again, you are even further behind etc....

In order to win any game you must be ahead in hand cards, resources and board position + have enough life and library cards to survive until you win. Once you fall behind you're likely to lose. Of these 3 I would say board position is the least important one, if you're holding solutions in your hand that will keep you alive it's better then having a superion board position because in multiplayer a strong board position makes you a target. This is what makes tribals so bad in multiplayer, they force others to team up on you. Resources and hand cards go hand in hand, one is useless without the other and together they win games.
Posted 17 March 2014 at 08:42

Thanks for the post I appreciate it. I'll keep that in mind and switch some stuff around.
Posted 18 March 2014 at 17:22