Discussion Forum

60 card singleton, No commons.

I am looking for ways to make this deck play better and smoother than it does. It is quite a machine now, but there is always room for improvement. What are some suggestions or maybe some insight as to what I can do. Red and Green are the colors, except for land there are NO COMMONS, and Singleton format.
http://www.mtgvault.com/djsith/decks/red-green-show/
Thanks and looking forward to checking the "comment box" lol
Posted 18 March 2014 at 11:08

why Fire Servant when you have only 2 spells that it affects? It's a 4/3 for 5, I'm sure you can find better creatures.

Also whats so amazing about physically owning that deck that you feel you have to state it in the comments, it's dirt cheap?
Posted 18 March 2014 at 11:23

Fire Servant is one that is on the chopping block, I just do not know if I have something cheaper to replace it. Any ideas? I was just looking at Domri Rade...just one problem I do not have one yet. As for mentioning that I actually own this, is because, at least it seems, that a lot of the decks on the vault seem rather faux. I could be wrong, as I have been before, but I was under the impression that this was a site to post actual decks.
Thanks for looking at this one, anything thing that you see that I don't? Feel free to look at my other decks as well.
Posted 18 March 2014 at 13:50

To me it looks like a fun build if you find people to play in the same budget range. You can add power to it but that will usually mean huge jumps in budget. For instance Domri Rade is a very expensive card right now.

I don't know why you restrict the deck to Modern, it's not making your options cheaper. The smaller the cardpool the more expensive the better cards are.

I would add card draw

- Greater Good
- Lead the Stampede
- Hunter's Insight
- maybe Reforge the Soul and Wheel of Fate
- birthing Pod
- Solemn Simulacrum

Not sure there are more of these in the colors you play. There would be if you didn't restrict it to Modern

I would also play less land and more mana ramp. Kodama's Reach, Cultivate, Explore, Wood Elves, Solemn Simulacrum etc... With land ramp cards comes the option to color fix more easily and with that come sthe option of playing more then 2 colors, Adding a third color would mean more options and the potential for a more powerful deck.
Posted 18 March 2014 at 14:47

I mostly play casually with friends, no holds barred as it were lol. I am not intentionally sticking to modern, that is just from my card stock. I buy boosters and join tournies when I can afford it.

Yes, Domri is quite expensive. Thanks for your help here. I will look into some of those card you mentioned.

This is a fun build and was something I built just for fun. I would like to try and keep it just 2 colors if I can, keep it singleton, and no commons, as long as it is avoidable.
Posted 18 March 2014 at 15:50

singleton is fun, most of my decks are singleton. No commons is a strange decision but hell why not. Just draw a lot of cards each turn and win :)
Posted 19 March 2014 at 07:59

Pretty much :) Rampant Rush so to speak. That is why Domri is so tempting, despite its $20+ price tag.
Posted 19 March 2014 at 10:47