Discussion Forum

Create your own Card Contest!

I wanted to post a contest on here for awhile, but the virtual flood of deck-building contests made me want to do something unuqie, so here it goes:

-The card you create must be based on a character from a faviorte book, movie, comic, anime, ect.
-Must be a card you would expect to see in a standard format game (balanced, serious play, ect.).
-Also, please include the book / movie / anime that the card is from.
-The contest will run for two weeks, so it will end on 2/10/10. There will be a poll at the end and the winner gets.... eh.... a hug?

Good Luck, and have fun =D
Posted 28 January 2010 at 01:39

simon cowell :manax::manab::manab::manar:
anger- this card and one other card gets ":manar::manar::manab::manab:- this card gets :manan::manab: this card has anger until end of turn.
0/10
Posted 28 January 2010 at 02:26

Drizzt Do'Urden :mana2::manab::manab::manag::manag:
Legendary Creature- Elf Warrior

Double Strike, Vigilance, Reach

Whenever Drizzt Do'Urden attacks, you may put a 5/5 Legendary Black Panther creature token named Guenwyvar into play tapped and attacking. During each upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on Guenwyvar. Its controller may exile it at any time after it is put into play. If it was exiled this way, it retains all counters that it had while on the field. If it leaves play by any other means, it cannot return to play for 5 turns. During each upkeep, if Guenwyvar is exiled, remove a -1/-1 counter from Guenwyvar. The legend rule applies to Guenwyvar even if Guenwyvar is exiled.

3/3

From the Forgotten Realms book series
Posted 28 January 2010 at 03:25

Izanagi :mana1::manar::manar:
Creature - Avatar
Haste
:symtap:: Izanagi deals damage equal to its power to target player.
At the beginning of the end step, return Izanagi to its owner's hand.
I am thou, and thou art I.
1/3

Izanagi is from "Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4" (a PS2 game I just recently completed). He is the first persona that the main character gets.
Posted 28 January 2010 at 11:31

From Sonic the hedgehog

The Special Zone
Legendary land
cumulative upkeep 1
At the beginning of your end step exile all creatures with total power and toughness less than the number of age counters on The Special zone. If The Special zone leaves the battlefield return to play all creatures removed by this effect
3 T Sacrifice The Special zone: search your deck for a legendary artifact and put it onto the battlefield
Posted 29 January 2010 at 01:50

The bear jew :manar::manab:
:symtap::manaw:deal damage to target player equal to the number of scalp couters on The bear jew.
at the end of your turn if a creature was put into the grave by he bear jew put a scalp counter on the bear jew
if The bear jew has more than 10 scalp counters both player take 15 damage

Fom inglorious bastards
Posted 29 January 2010 at 19:52

Legolas, the Archer :mana3::manag::manag:
(spelling on Legolas?)

Legendary Elf Warrior

Vigilance

At the beginning of your upkeep, you may put an arrow counter on Legolas.
:symtap: Legolas deals Damage equal tot he number of arrows counters on it to target creature or player.

3/3

inspired by Lord of the Rings

Darth Vader :mana3::manab::manab:

Legendary Cyborg Necromancer(makes most sense)

Death touch

At the beginning of you upkeep put a death counter on Darth Vader.
:symtap: Destroy target creature with converted mana cost equal or less than the number of death counters on Darth Vader.

Star Wars!
Posted 29 January 2010 at 22:35

Lelouch Vii Britannia
Legendary Human Wizard :mana2::manau::manab:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/lelouch%20evil/darknyt2/EvilLelouch.jpg?o=2

Shroud

:manau::manab::symtap:: Select target opponent creature, targeted creature comes under your control as long as Lelouch vii Britannia is on your field and place a +1/+1 counter on it. This ability ignores abilities that would prevent a creature from being targeted.

1/3

Code Geass, the best anime EVER!!!! :3
Posted 30 January 2010 at 14:59

I'm making two cards...

Vlagh Drone
Creature-Insect :mana3:

Whenever Vlagh Drone deals or is dealt combat damage by another creature, Vlagh Drone gains all abilities, colors, and text of that creature. Any terms that use a name other than Vlagh Drone as a card name, or Insect as a creature type, are changed that those two names.

:symtap:: Gain all text and abilities of target Vlagh Drone you control.

1/1

We will never know what it was that moved our dear Vlagh to make the decision, but she pointed in the direction of the land of shorter summers and said, "Go there!"

That-Which-is-the-Vlagh
Legendary Creature-Insect :mana7:

When That-Which-is-the-Vlagh comes into play, put three 1/1 colorless insect tokens into play that are named "Vlagh Drone", with the text "Whenever Vlagh Drone deals or is dealt combat damage by another creature, Vlagh Drone gains all abilities, colors, and text of that creature. Any terms that use a name other than Vlagh Drone as a card name, or Insect as a creature type, are changed that those two names.

:symtap:: All Vlagh Drones gain all text and abilities of target Vlagh Drone you control.

That-Which-is-the-Vlagh gains all the text, abilities, and colors of all Vlagh Drones you control, with the card names replaced with "Vlagh Drone", and creature types replaced with "Insect."

That-Which-is-the-Vlagh's power and toughness are equal to the number of Vlagh Drones you control.

:manaw::manau::manab::manar::manag::symtap:: That-Which-is-the-Vlagh and all Vlagh Drones gain all text, abilities, and colors of target creature, with the card names replaced with "Vlagh Drone", and creature types replaced with "Insect."

*/*

You'd better be ready for lots of absurd when the bug people attack. -Torl, cousin of Sorgan Hook-beak

From the series "The Dreamers" by david eddings
Posted 30 January 2010 at 16:24

Wow nice idea ill think of something eventually
Posted 31 January 2010 at 02:55

General Lionwhyte
Legendary Creature - Human Traitor Ally :mana5::manaw::manaw:

When General Lionwhyte or another nontoken Ally enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 White Ally Soldier token onto the battlefield.

As long as there is another nontoken Ally on the battlefield under your control, General Lionwhyte can't be the target of spells or abilities that your opponents control.

3/4

To wage war upon one's race is an unforgivable sin. To Lionwhyte, however, it's simply business.

From Brutal Legend on the Xbox 360. Expensive, but DAMN that's a lot of allies.
Posted 31 January 2010 at 03:56

Bruce Banner/The Incredible Hulk (going back to Kamigawa's split cards)

Bruce Banner - 4:manag:
Legendary Creature - Human Artificer
{T}: Tap or untap target artifact.

If Bruce Banner would be put into any graveyard from play, instead, flip it.

The Incredible Hulk
Legendary Creature - Mutant Berserker

The Incredible Hulk must attack each turn if able.

If any creatures attack you, you may untap The Incredible Hulk and it must block. If you do, The Incredible Hulk may block any number of creatures this turn.

When The Incredible Hulk is dealt damage, put a +1/+1 counter on it.

When no other creatures are in play or it would be put into a graveyard, flip The Incredible Hulk and remove all +1/+1 counters.
Posted 05 February 2010 at 07:55

[QUOTE=MajinKirby]General Lionwhyte
Legendary Creature - Human Traitor Ally :mana5::manaw::manaw:

When General Lionwhyte or another nontoken Ally enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 White Ally Soldier token onto the battlefield.

As long as there is another nontoken Ally on the battlefield under your control, General Lionwhyte can't be the target of spells or abilities that your opponents control.

3/4

To wage war upon one's race is an unforgivable sin. To Lionwhyte, however, it's simply business.

From Brutal Legend on the Xbox 360. Expensive, but DAMN that's a lot of allies.[/QUOTE]

Freakin awesome.
Posted 05 February 2010 at 07:57

I know you said fictional characters, but I had the idea and I had to go with it.

John Wayne - 3:manaw:
Legendary Creature - Man

Creatures your opponents control are Cowards in addition to their other creature types.

"Them's figthin' words, pilgrim." - John Wayne

Picture that teamed up with Boldwyr Intimidator...
Posted 05 February 2010 at 08:31

This one is just for fun :P

Judge Dredd :mana4::manaw::manaw:
Legendary Human Soldier

Haste, Vigilance, Double Strike

Whenever Judge Dredd attacks, all opponent creatures that are tapped do not untap during their controller's untap step.

3/4

I am the law!!!
Posted 05 February 2010 at 13:35

http://arcona.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/chuck-norris.jpg
Not mine that one, but I think it was too awesome to exclude!

This one is mine. Got the idea from the song Painkiller by Judas Priest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXHnTKcjTL0

The Painkiller :mana4:

Legendary Artifact Creature - Avatar

The Painkiller can't be countered by spells or abilities
Indestructible, Shroud, Flying

If the Painkiller would be sacrificed or exiled, return it to play with 4 Armageddon Counters on it.

At the beginning of your upkeep put an Armageddon counter on The Painkiller and deal 3 damage to target creature or player.

If there is 4 or more Armageddon counters on The Painkiller you lose the game.

3/3

He is The Painkiller
This is The Painkiller
Posted 07 February 2010 at 15:41

Here's a few more.

Shazam!
Sorcery :manar::manar::manaw:

Shazam! deals 1 damage to all creatures of a target player. Those creatures cannot block this turn.

From Captain Marvel. =D
---------------

Double Barrel
Artifact - Equipment :mana2:

Equipped creature has Double Strike and Reach.

Equip :mana3:

Rule #2. Double Tap.

Where else than Zombieland? This is actually Columbus's Double Barrel. I could probably make Talahassie's as well.
------------

Good ol' Fashioned Cola
Artifact :mana4:

Kicker :mana2:

At the beginning of your upkeep, choose one: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature OR Gain 2 life. If you paid the kicker cost, you may choose both.

"All the guns in your shop for a case of cola? Sounds like a fair trade." -Nick

From Left 4 Dead 2. Because who dosn't want some good ol' fashioned cola?
Posted 07 February 2010 at 17:54

Link :manawg: :manawg: :manawg: :manawg: :manawg:
Legendary Creature- Elf Warrior

First Strike, Vigilance

:symtap: Link deals 2 damage to target creature or player

If Deku Mask, Goron Mask, and Zora Mask are equipped to Link, exile him and put a 15/15 white green Legendary Elf Avatar creature token with :manawg: :manawg: Regenerate target creature, Vigilance, Shroud and First Stike named Fierce Deity Link into play.

If Master Sword, Mirror Shield, and Ocarina of Time are equipped to Link, exile him and put a 10/10 white green Legendary Elf Hero creature token with :symtap: Exile target black creature then untap another target permanant, Vigilance, Reach and Double Strike named The Hero of Time into play.

3/3

"Heros fade eventually but legends never die"
— Unkown
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Goron Mask :mana1: :mana2r:
Legendary Equipment

Equipped Creature gains +2/+2 and has haste

Equip :mana2:

"By no way should you grow impatient. Impatience brings uneasiness and distracts the heart."
— Majora's Mask
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Zora Mask :mana2: :mana2u:
Legendary Equipment

Equipped Creature gains +1/+1, Double Strike and Reach.

Equip :mana4:

"Carve my farewell song on my grave..."
— Mikau
Deku mask :mana1: :manag:
Legendary Equipment

Equipped Creature gains -1/-1 and cannot attack or block unless it's power and toughness are both greater than 3. :symtap: Target Creature Doesn't untap during it's controllers next untap step.

Equip :mana1:

"Tell me... do you ever feel a strange sadness as dusk falls?"
— Mailman
Master Sword :mana2:
Legendary Equipment

Equipped creature gains Suspend 2 and +5/+0

Equip :mana1:

"Look LINK! You're big now!! You've grown up!"
— Navi
Mirror Shield :mana2:
Legendary Equipment

Equipped Creature gains +0/+5

"With my flame, I will burn him to his bone! With my frost, I will freeze him to his soul!"
— Koume and Kotake
Ocarina of Time :mana3:
Legendary Equipment

Equipped Creature gains :symtap: Untap up to two other target permanents

Equip :mana3:

"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
— Sheik
Hover Boots :manax:
Legendary Equipment

Hover Boots comes into play with :manax: glide counters on it. Equipped creature has flying for as long as Hover Boots has a glide counter on it. At the beginning of your upkeep remove a glide counter from Hover Boots.

Landfall - whenever a land comes into play put :manax: glide counters on Hover Boots

"You got the Hover Boots! With these mysterious boots you can hover above the ground. The downside? No traction!"
— Ocarina's Item Explainer
Empty Bottle :mana5:
Artifact

Whenever a Faerie comes into play you may choose to exile it. If you do flip Empty Bottle

Fairy in a Bottle (flipped Empty Bottle)
Artifact

Flip Fairy in a Bottle, return a faerie exiled by Empty Bottle to it's owners graveyard. Return target creature from your graveyard to the battlefield, it has haste until end of turn.
Hookshot :mana6:
Legendary Equipment

Equipped creature has :symtap: Gain control of target creature with toughness 3 or less until end of turn. Untap it, it has haste until end of turn.

Equip :mana4:

"Boing!"
Stone Mask :mana7:
Equipment

Whenever equipped creature blocks prevent all damage that would be dealt to it from a non-legendary creature.

Equip :mana5:

"That's the Stone Mask, isn't it? That is a fine mask. It is filled with an appreciation for things that go unnoticed."
— Happy Mask Salesman
Fairy Spell :mana1: :manag:
Enchant Creature

Enchanted Creature is a faerie along with it's other types. Enchanted Creature has flying.

"I swear I saw it, a little ball of light just flew through that keyhole!"
— Mido Resident
Life Spell :mana2: :mana2g:
Sorcery

You're life total becomes 20.

"For when you can't find a fairy or make it to town to see a healer"
— Old Man
Young Link :manag:
Creature -Elf Child

First Strike

If Young Link is equipped with Ocarina of Time and Goron's Ruby, Zora's Sapphire, and Kokiri's Emerald are each on the battlefield under your control you may exile Young Link and put a 10/10 white green Legendary Elf Hero creature token with :symtap: Exile target black creature then untap another target permanant, Vigilance, Reach and Double Strike named The Hero of Time into play with Suspend 7.

1/1

"Come back when you're older kid."
Goron's Ruby :manar:
Legendary Artifact

:symtap: Add RR to your mana pool.

"The Spiritual Stone of Fire, also known as the Goron's Ruby, is our race's hidden treasure...."
— Darunia
Kokiri's Emerald :manag:
Legendary Artifact

:symtap: Add GG to your mana pool.

"Take this stone with you. The stone that man wanted so much, that he cast the curse on me..."
— Great Deku Tree
Zora's Sapphire :manau:
Legendary Artifact

:symtap: Add UU to your mana pool.

"My mother gave it to me and said I should give it only to the man who will be my husband. You might call it the Zora's Engagement Ring!"
— Princess Ruto
These were inspired by "The Legend of Zelda" games. I tried to make everything balanced and to correspond to what they do in the game, relatively. Sorry there is so many and I had to make myself stop, to much fun. If you have any ideas or suggestions please message me, thanks :D
Posted 08 February 2010 at 07:35

Well if we're gonna have video game stuff in here...

Mario Mario - :mana2::manar::manaw:
Legendary Creature - Human Plumber

At the beginning of your upkeep, you may reveal the top 3 cards of your library. If you do, put any Powerup cards into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in any order.

:symtap: : Mario Mario deals 2 damage to target creature that it's blocking.

3/2

Luigi Mario - :manar::manag:
Legendary Creature - Human Plumber

Whenever Luigi Mario attacks, Luigi Mario gets +2/+0 if you control Mario Mario.

2/3
Posted 08 February 2010 at 11:39

Alright, the contest is now over and voting has begun. You may vote for one, and please don't vote for yourself. Unfourtanatly, I was only able to put 10 cards into the poll, so I put in my top ten, in no particular order. If you want to vote for one of them thats not on the poll, just reply on this thread with your vote.
Thank you to everyone who participated and may the best card win!
Posted 10 February 2010 at 21:27

Name: Conan The Barbarian
Cost: :mana4::manar:
Type: Legendary Creature - Barbarian
Ability1: Haste
Ability2: For each creature beyond the first that is assigned to block Conan The Barbarian, he enrages granting +2/+2 until end of turn for each additional blocker.
Power/Toughness: 4/4

Name: Conan The Destroyer
Cost: :mana4::manar::manar:
Type: Legendary Creature - Destroyer
Ability1: First Strike
Ability2: Conan The Destroyer can only be blocked by 2 or more creatures.
Ability3: At the end of any turn in which an opponent is dealt damage from Conan the Destroyer, destroy target nonland permanent that player controls.
Power/Toughness: 5/5

Name: Conan The Conqueror
Cost: :mana2::manar::manaw:
Type: Legendary Creature - Conqueror
Ability1: When attacking, Conan The Conqueror gets +2/+2 for each basic land type that the defending player shares with you.
Ability2: If Conan The Conqueror attacks, and is unblocked, you may choose one of the following: Destroy target basic land defending player controls or Gain control of target basic land defending player controls. If you choose one of these then defending player takes no damage from Conan The Conqueror this turn.
Power/Toughness: 3/3

Flavor Text: "Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet." — Robert E. Howard, The Phoenix on the Sword, 1932.

Obviously from the Conan lore if you hadn't caught on yet...
Posted 12 February 2010 at 16:30

a little late, but i couldn't resist.

Macros the Black - from the Riftwar Saga.

Legendary Creature - Human Sorcerer.

Cost 3WUB

Indestructible, Macros the Black cannot attack or block.

2UU - Search your library for a card. You may play this card without paying it's mana cost. If you don't put it into your hand instead. Shuffle your library.

2BB - Destroy target creature, it's controller loses life equal to that creature's converted mana cost.

2WW - Destroy target artifact or enchantment, you gain life to that card's converted mana cost.

power/toughness - 1/1
Posted 13 February 2010 at 02:22

Akuma (Street Fighter series)

6/6 Evil creature

:mana2::manab::manab::manar::manar: cost

:manab::manab:: deathtouch

:manar:: gains +1/+0 fireball elemental

:manar::manar::manab::manab:: gains protection from everything until end of turn
Posted 13 February 2010 at 03:29

Well, the polling is now over, but it ended up in a tie. So, with my matrix-like powers, I dub that Renkaos' Legend of Zelda set wins! He put more effort into it then was put into Darth Vader. As your super special prize Renkaos, here you go. A hug. o(-_-)o
Congradulations on everyone that participated! You're all winners... cept for Renkaos, hes an ultra-winner.

My own card, just for fun:

Liberty Prime :mana6::manax:
Legendary Artifact Creature - Giant Robot
Liberty Prime comes into play with X charge counters on it.
Liberty Prime gets +1/+1 for each charge counter on it.
:symtap: Remove a charge counter from Liberty Prime. Destroy target permanant.
When Liberty Prime is put into a graveyard from play, deal damage to all creatures equal to the number of charge counters on it. Put it back into play and remove a charge counter from Liberty Prime.
Probabillity of mission hinderance: zero percent
5/5
Posted 17 February 2010 at 00:54

Yay! I'm the Ultra-Winner! Haha, finally checked up on this. I put to much time into it =P Stoked on the hug, but when do I get it. :eek:
Posted 18 February 2010 at 08:19

dunno if anyone has done this but:
Chuck Norris
Mana Cost: nothing
Effect: Chuck Norris wins...that's right you just lost to your own card :D
Power/Toughness: Fist/Other Fist
Posted 03 March 2010 at 04:18

[QUOTE=Chiligyro]http://arcona.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/chuck-norris.jpg
Not mine that one, but I think it was too awesome to exclude!

This one is mine. Got the idea from the song Painkiller by Judas Priest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXHnTKcjTL0

The Painkiller :mana4:

Legendary Artifact Creature - Avatar

The Painkiller can't be countered by spells or abilities
Indestructible, Shroud, Flying

If the Painkiller would be sacrificed or exiled, return it to play with 4 Armageddon Counters on it.

At the beginning of your upkeep put an Armageddon counter on The Painkiller and deal 3 damage to target creature or player.

If there is 4 or more Armageddon counters on The Painkiller you lose the game.

3/3

He is The Painkiller
This is The Painkiller[/QUOTE]
jizz in my pants
Posted 15 March 2010 at 21:35

Francis:mana4::manab::manag:

Legendary Creature - Human Survivor

:manab::manab::manag::symtap:: Francis deals damage equal to it's power to Zombies your opponents control, and it deals 1 damage to each other Survivor you control

"I hate elevators" 3/4

Bill:mana3::manar::manaw::manau:

:manar::manaw::manau::symtap:: Return target Survivor from your graveyard to play

"And what if just your beard starts turning, can I shoot that?" 2/5

Zoey:mana3::manau::manab:

:mana3::manab::manab::symtap:: Destroy target Legend, it can't be regenerated. When another Survivor becomes tapped, untap Zoey

"Francis, whatever you do, don't take off your shoes." 2/2

Louis:mana2::manaw::manag::manab::manab:

:mana0:: Destroy target Survivor you control. You must play this ability during your upkeep.

"I. Am. Bad. I am bad! Yes I am! Whoo!" 3/1

Based on Left 4 Dead.. and yes, Louis actually does that when me and my friends play...
Posted 16 March 2010 at 18:50

harry potter
:manar::manab::manaw::manau::manag:
harry potter cannot be the target of a card named lord voldemort
:mana3::symtap: put a golden snitch counter on harry potter
:mana20::symtap: remove 10 golden snitch counters from harry potter you win the game
2/3
Posted 25 March 2010 at 03:17