Discussion Forum

New world wake card

the new card from world wake called Omnath, Locus of Mana's effect is this: Green mana doesnt empty from your mana pool as steps and phases end.

Omnath, Locus of Mana gets +1/+1 for each green mana in your mana pool.

and it with no bonuses is a 1/1

does this mean that you can just tap your forests every turn and not play anything, and you can build up a huge amount of mana, and it gets extremely powerful?

it only costs 3, so if you only have 3 forests, and you play it and get no forests after that, could you just tap those 3 forests every turn and Omnath would get +3/+3 every turn, or am i reading this wrong/tapping forests doesnt work like that?
Posted 30 January 2010 at 01:50

You're reading it right. The mana sits around as long as Omnath is in play, unless you use it to cast a spell.
Posted 30 January 2010 at 02:11

hmm i have a saproling deck, and when i use life and limb its not uncommon for me to have 250+ forests, so i can add 250/250 to this each turn. nice

thanks
Posted 30 January 2010 at 02:35

Don't forget to add trample, now!
Posted 30 January 2010 at 02:42

Think of Omnom as a mana bank.
Posted 30 January 2010 at 06:41

I looked at that card, and thought somewhat of the same thing. I still thought it would empty out at end of turn, but if it doesn't, thats a great card.
Posted 30 January 2010 at 06:45

[QUOTE=Shadowex3]Think of Omnom as a mana bank.[/QUOTE]

Omnath: more dangerous than Citibank!

:D
Posted 30 January 2010 at 14:52

Dangerous it is. Leads to very awkward play decisions, so I'm not a fan of it in competitive. In casual though.....massively awesome combos.
Posted 30 January 2010 at 17:55

[QUOTE=NightLoki]Dangerous it is. Leads to very awkward play decisions, so I'm not a fan of it in competitive. In casual though.....massively awesome combos.[/QUOTE]

yeah it sucks :)

agreed it's a fun card and if anyone has 250 sappos they deserve to win the game, it should be a rule :)
Posted 30 January 2010 at 22:13

iv never lost when i had that many out, ever i think iv only ever lost with my deck in the 1st 10 turns, but its fun to toy with people and hold 3 overruns and keep the game going.

and thanks to whoever said omnom im going to think omnomnomnom... everytime i see it -.-
Posted 31 January 2010 at 01:02

[QUOTE=NightLoki]Dangerous it is. Leads to very awkward play decisions, so I'm not a fan of it in competitive. In casual though.....massively awesome combos.[/QUOTE]

Handling great power with care is part of being a good player. Dropping an Eldrazi Monument with a single token generator on the board and no replacement in your hand for example is letting the power go to your head too.
Posted 31 January 2010 at 06:31

[QUOTE=Shadowex3]Handling great power with care is part of being a good player. Dropping an Eldrazi Monument with a single token generator on the board and no replacement in your hand for example is letting the power go to your head too.[/QUOTE]

a given, but when a card in your deck goes from having obvious right and wrong times to play it to not only being unwise to cast early and being overly difficult to play? It becomes a mind game within your deck, which you should be able to identify as a risk to your play. I find the risk to outweigh the reward, and will not be playing it in competitive unless I or someone else finds a way to play it efficiently.
Posted 31 January 2010 at 16:09

So if I understand correctly, I could tap all my green mana each turn until I have a decent amount.. say 20 Green stored. I can then Tap one mountain to Activate Fireball and Use the Stored mana for X? And hit my opponent for 20 directly?
Posted 05 February 2010 at 20:54

And then it gets swerved back in your face, or negated, or cancelled, or counterspelled. Of course if your opponents are proactive then before that even happens OmNom I Haz a Mana gets pathed, slaved, wrathed, damned, withered, or hexmaged.

But yeah assuming you can protect it thats how it works.
Posted 05 February 2010 at 21:00

faced this card for the first time today...he spent 5-6 turns throwing all his mana at it

so i just snakeform-ed it during his upkeep and all that pretty mana evaporated :)
Posted 05 February 2010 at 21:18

I refuse to fall for Omnath's petty mind tricks. And they are, in fact, bolt/terminate on sight
Posted 06 February 2010 at 09:29