Discussion Forum

Chameleon Colossus

http://magiccards.info/scans/en/mt/116.jpg

So this creature can pay :mana2::manag::manag: it gets +X/+X, where X is its power.

So where does the :manax: come into play? Do you pay additional mana ontop of the :mana2::manag::manag: you already paid?

Just curious on the wording, as Protean Hydra is :manax::manag:... So the :manax: is stated.
http://magiccards.info/scans/en/m10/200.jpg

Thanks!
Posted 07 February 2010 at 03:36

You answered your own question. You pay 2GG and double the Chameleon Colossus' power and toughness.

:manax: is different from "x" in the text. Anytime you are PAYING :manax: it will specifically use the :manax: icon and not say "X" as the letter X.
Posted 07 February 2010 at 05:15

You answered your own question. You pay 2GG and double the Chameleon Colossus' power and toughness.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
to abuse this, use vines of vastwood kicked or something for like +4/+4 then double it, so it would gofrom 4/4 to 8/8 doubled so 16/16
Posted 07 February 2010 at 05:21

Cuddles and Shadowex3 are absolutely right, the ability's worded like that for templating and ease of rules use. Doubling in the rules gets tricky sometimes.
Posted 08 February 2010 at 04:41

Thanks!

Yeah, I just got into MTG this past New Years!

So I'm trying to absorb all of the rulings and trying to sort out the wordings up to date.

And then having to relearn or at least relearn the wording again for the newest/latest batch.

Note - I don't play against people much, so hence the random rulings questions I've been asking.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 17:36

Thats a shame, find some people to play with! making decks and finding loopholes for dick moves is only so fun....
Posted 09 February 2010 at 18:07

Yeah, I know...

Unfortunately, I don't have time on Friday's for FNM. :( And the nearest location isn't that near lol

I had learned the game while I was in another country over New Years.

I've been resorting to playing a few games on Xbox Live/Arcade - unfortunately, too, it was my friend's Xbox, so I don't have easy access to it.

Despite those disadvantages, I've been obsessed. I've got (with the recent Worldwake) close to 15,000 cards now - amassed in about a month! :D

Mostly - 2010 and X. A bit of Zendikar and the sets, A bit of Worldwake and the sets and many Precon decks (Duels - both, Elves vs Goblins, Slivers and the sets that come with the variety packs).
Posted 09 February 2010 at 18:29

meh tourneys are overrated any way

i have alot more fun kickin back at the house with a bowl and some homies playin legacy and extended decks all night
Posted 09 February 2010 at 21:54

Well its more fun than not playing
Posted 09 February 2010 at 22:45

Yeah...

But I'm having fun making decks as well. So once I get the ball rolling, I'm sure to put tons of decks up and will be asking for comments/help.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 22:55

yeah, finding your nearest card shop helps a lot with this.
Posted 10 February 2010 at 01:10

well im rly good with extended and legacy decks so hit me up if u need any tips on either of those formats
Posted 10 February 2010 at 18:07