Discussion Forum

Renkaos - Land Fall Chain

Ok, I DID NOT MAKE THIS DECK Renkaos did.
http://www.mtgvault.com/ViewDeck.aspx?DeckID=43176

Okay, so I was reading this and didnt wanna do discussion under the deck comments so I thought i'd do it here, if you don't like it renakos i'll delete it.

So, I've been toying with an idea like this for a long time with an infinite land fall chain with ghost + elemental. I see that you put those certain cards in with landfall abilities, but how practical would this be in a real game? have you tested it yet?
Posted 08 February 2010 at 03:22

I haven't tested it yet, I'm thinking about building it but I don't know how practical it would be. It seems like it would be fairly easy to get out and even if you don't manage to get the combo going there is still sufficient cards to win. Basically just made it for casual play with friends. My last deck that had an infinite combo that took 3 cards seemed to work about 90% of the time and even got my best friend to stop playing magic for about a month. Even though this is really a 4 card combo because if you do get lotus, ruin, and tideforce then you'll 100% have another card to complete it. I don't mind this thread at all either. :D
Posted 08 February 2010 at 06:00

OK. I have like 5 spare dragonshield sets ill proxy it and hopefully beable to play it this weekend
Posted 08 February 2010 at 06:57

Cool, gl. Tell me how it goes.
Posted 08 February 2010 at 07:38

Azorius Chancery and this seems to work really well. Basically, If you have amulet of vigor, Ruin Ghost, and Tideforce Elemental, you have infinite landfall. I think, so I'm gonna talk it out for you and me.

Amulet, Ghost, Tideforce...
Chancery hits play tapped, it triggers, amulet triggers.
stack triggers so amulet resolves first, let amulet resolve, chancery untaps.
with chancery's bounce trigger still on the stack, tap chancery to float WU.
Activate ruin ghost, then activate tideforce in response to untap ruin ghost and tap Tideforce.
Tideforce resolves untapping ruin ghost, ruin ghost resolves and blinks chancery. Chancery's original trigger is still on the stack, a new trigger from chancery goes on the stack on top and Amulet of Vigor triggers. Tideforce Untaps.

Lather, Rinse, and repeat as desired. If you ever decide to end this landfall craziness, just remember that the only chancery trigger that actually matters is the most recent one, if you don't want to bounce your lands off the other triggers, it won't sacrifice anything.
Also, this gets an arbitrarily large amount of UW mana with another amulet in play.
Posted 08 February 2010 at 11:46

LOL I'm definitely going to proxy and try this. Seems to be one of the hardest decks in standard to beat and counter
Posted 08 February 2010 at 15:13

ah, um, hate to break it to you, but azorius chancery's in extended. No busted infi-mana from that one I'm afraid. The sucky part is that there's only one enchant land Aura that grants additional mana, and it gives the sucker shroud.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 08:16

Nice combo, I like the Azorius Chancery approach!

This can be yet another intruder alert combo as well :)

intruder alert+Ruin Ghost+Emeria Angel blinking a plain will give you infinite birds.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 12:39

I have a friend who's the master of weird casual combos, and occasionally he hits something competitive. Bazaar Trader and Immortal Coil's the closest he's come in a while though. Anyways, his favorite stupid broken card is Intruder Alarm (Alert, Alarm, idr)
Posted 09 February 2010 at 14:11

Everything else is still in though when I took my glance

[QUOTE=NightLoki]ah, um, hate to break it to you, but azorius chancery's in extended. No busted infi-mana from that one I'm afraid. The sucky part is that there's only one enchant land Aura that grants additional mana, and it gives the sucker shroud.[/QUOTE]
Posted 09 February 2010 at 14:56

Should be. Ruin Ghost just got in, as did Tideforce and Amulet. Most of the silliness is legal in this format, I just don't know how you'd get it to work for you... or give yourself enough time to assemble the combo.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 15:11

[QUOTE=Cuddles]Everything else is still in though when I took my glance[/QUOTE]

Yeah, chancery is in the sideboard for exteneded play.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 15:55

yay good. I alrady printed the cards andI'm sitting down and putting together 2 decks to try out this weekend. I play at a place where theres 2 playstyles.. dont give a shit -proxies can play but must be legit and real - after you get proxy decks working you buy he cards in bulk from the shop for a cheaper price. 50$ would be 35-40$ worth so its nice.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 18:10