Discussion Forum

Seer's Sundial

Question about Seer's Sundial: Can you react to landfall by paying 2 multiple times for drawing multiple cards? I ruled you could not on our last casual draft but I would like someone to verify that.

--- EDIT ---

never mind, it was a stupid question. ofcourse you can't pay 2 multiple times, it would have no effect as the landfall ability itself only triggers once.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 13:04

Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay {2}. If you do, draw a card.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 13:51

[QUOTE=Cuddles]Landfall - Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may pay {2}. If you do, draw a card.

The way this is worded it could go either way. I personally would say you COULD by the fact that is just pay 2 and NO tap or anything.[/QUOTE]

I hate answering my own question but there is no delete option to delete this post all together (shakes fist at admin ;) )

Anyway you can't because paying 2 doesn't trigger any ability, it is just the required cost for the landfall ability to trigger. It's like playing a Divination but paying 6 mana instead of 3, does that mean you play it twice? no.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 14:05

You totally answered your own question there.
Posted 09 February 2010 at 14:20