Discussion Forum

New Comment Highlighting

This comment is for the mtgvault staff in general and the web-design team specifically.

I receive "new comment" notifications all the time on decks that I've built or commented on whenever another person responds to or posts a new comment on that deck as well, however, it is often difficult to identify the new comment when the total number of comments on the deck is large. Perhaps you could modify the new comment's CSS class to be slightly a different color (away from the defaults in reply-container and comment-container) and use an internal link or something (#current or whatever) to redirect the page down to that comment. That would save me eons in scrolling. I'm not sure what your database looks like, but I assume you keep track of which comments spark which notifications (if not, you SHOULD! get on that!) so it shouldn't be too time consuming of a task to fit in an upcoming sprint.

-----
Happy Brewing,
ImFromNASA
Posted 16 August 2014 at 17:29

Good shout. It's mainly done on dates, so we know when you last viewed something and when something was created, so it's not rocket science to get the last comment ID.

We already have perma links on comments, so it's not massive to do. Good suggestion though, I will keep it in mind :D
Posted 22 August 2014 at 09:49