Discussion Forum

[Suggestion] Extra Tags and/or categorization for formats

Problem:
We only have 4 tags to describe decks. This was limited to prevent people from spamming tags that are only remotely related to the deck. However, as it is, you are using those tags up for essential things like formats. There are at least 3 tags I frequently use:
1) Format (Modern, Vintage, EDH ...)
2) Casual/Competitive
3) 1-on-1/Multiplayer
All of this is of technical nature, tags I *have* to add. There are others like "budget", "theme" or colour combination like "boros" that I might want to add, all of which are describing the nature of the deck but not the actual content. So, at this point I have at best 1 and oftentimes NO tag left for the things I *want* to add that describe the deck like "trample", "planeswalkers", "control" or "burn".

The simple solution is of course to allow more tags, something like 8, but this might lead to tag spamming. The other solution is to introduce a couple of fixed tags with fixed values, as I described above. It basically means you can add a format, select casual or competitive, multiplayer or 1-on-1 and then have 4 custom tags as usual.
Posted 01 August 2016 at 09:30

That seems like a good idea. A few fixed tags: budget scale, legality, Player number, casual/competitive, and maybe format. Then you'd be allowed the custom tags. Would it be required to do the fixed, though. It should be so you could see what kind it is
Posted 01 August 2016 at 19:05

Yea totally agree. I might bump it to 8 just to see what happens.
Posted 17 August 2016 at 13:23

Increased the amount of tags allowed to 8 from 4.
Posted 12 September 2016 at 11:53

You recently upped the number of tags I can add to a deck from 4 to 8. GREAT!
However,

* If my deck has more than 4, only the first 4 are shown on Hot, New, Active and Unloved lists as well as in the "My Decks" list!

* The "Breakdown by deck tags" is also ignoring all tags beyond the 4th!

* Deck SEARCH IS able to *find* the hidden tags but it also lists the results without them!
Posted 12 October 2016 at 08:52