Discussion Forum

Glissa, the traitor

I really like Glissa, the traitor (http://www.mtgvault.com/card/glissa-the-traitor/MBS/)
I want to make a deck with her that is somewhat budget,between $30-50 excluding her, but I don't know a lot about making a deck around her .

It can be elf tribal or artifact or toying with deathtouch

Any format works, as I mostly play tabletop with friends
Posted 06 October 2016 at 00:12

I'd definitely add some artifact creatures with deathtouch. I'd have some "whenever a ____ (artifact or creature would be best) enters the battlefield, _______". Also, I'd add some cards that sacrifice artifacts and/or artifacts that sacrifice themselves.
I don't think elf tribal, but it could work. It might not focus on her though. Also, regular or EDH? I find EDH in that price range hard, but you are basing the deck on a legendary so it could work.
Posted 06 October 2016 at 19:54

I would want it to be a regular 60 card deck
Posted 07 October 2016 at 06:41

Ok, just since it was a legendary I wasn't sure.
Posted 08 October 2016 at 04:01

Basically I would use artifacts to make full use of her ability.
She really loves things like Arcbound Ravager, but that one is way out of your price range. I would search for cheap artifacts with enter the battlefield effects and some way to sacrifice those. A perfects example would be Ichor Wellspring as it has an ETB and LTB effect, Krark-Clan Ironworks or Grinding Station could be used to sacrifice those.
Creatures with deathtouch and enough removals ensure that you will be able to attack and make full use of Glissas ability.
Posted 13 January 2017 at 08:43

I used to run a budget deck with Glissa that revolved around wiping the field with ratchet bomb and executioner's capsul and then bouncing them back to my hand while taking advantage of foster to fill my grave with artifacts and give me extra card advantage.

http://www.mtgvault.com/avatarofwhoa/decks/budget-glissa/

Posted 12 May 2017 at 19:42

My buddy showed me his deck around glissa, it revolved around cheap artifact walls and blazing torch. The torch gives the creature (glissa) the added ability of tap: deal 2 damage to target creature or player. Neat, since glissa aslo has deathtouch and a niffty artifact recurring ability. We thought it was hilarious, because we visualized this ugly snake hiding behind these artifact walls hucking molitov's at everything. If the walls died, glissa repared them. She never attacked, cuz first strike deathtouch said she'd win all the blocks. Past that i think it was typical b/g control.
Posted 20 June 2017 at 02:28