Discussion Forum

Ravnica Allegiance Prerelease

I’ll be going to the Ravnica Allegiance prerelease, and I was thinking about representing Simic because it’s broken, but my uncle had a different view. He said that it was probably going to be a little difficult to use the Adapt mechanic in a draft format, because it’ll probably be a little slow. So now it’s either Gruul or Simic... I was thinking doing Gruul for the prerelease itself, then buying the Simic prerelease box afterward... what do you think?
Posted 17 January 2019 at 21:09

Look up the Pre-prerelease on YouTube. They give a general idea of how some of the games may go.

I'm playing Gruul myself at the Prerelease, but I've seen how crazy some of the Simic stuff can be.
Also, remember that you'll be pulling other colours, so don't be afraid to slash that 3rd colour.
Posted 18 January 2019 at 11:24

The thing is, though, three-color is less consistent as far as mana and pulls go, and Simic can be pretty slow, which can be pretty bad against those haste Gruul decks...
Posted 18 January 2019 at 14:22

That may be true, but all I want you to do is a little research and form your own opinion. I've seen too many people influenced to do something they later regret.

Here's a prerelease guide I believe may help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfzSJNtQJkA
Posted 19 January 2019 at 08:11

We had a pauper tournament tonight, and a friend got a pack of pre release boosters he threw in the pot. I just missed out at 4th place, so I didn't get one, but I am looking forward to picking them up.
Posted 20 January 2019 at 01:23