Discussion Forum

Trolls

There is a certain troll going around the MTG Vault. The screenname (or screennames, as this guy has 2 of them) are lalala and hippo123. He is spamming unplayable decks and moving the legitimate decks further down the list.

I don't know what we can do about this guy, but if we can do anything, we should do it.
Posted 20 February 2010 at 20:36

I posted about this on the site bugs thing. I agree, this MUST BE STOPPED!!

=]:eek: :eek:
Posted 20 February 2010 at 20:57

i think silvers is another one. lalala, hippo123 and silvers have been spending his time going through my profile, spamming and minus oning all of my decks. all i did was try to fucking help. i was over it yesterday. but now im fucking pissed off cus he wont stop. HE EVEN TRIED STEALING MY FUCKING USERNAME!!!! i apologize. if someone stabbed this guy i would throw a parade. sorry. needed to vent a little.
Posted 20 February 2010 at 21:47

i might take back that thing about silver. im not sure. i just threw that name in there cuz he trolled one of my decks also but didnt start commenting on any of lalas decks telling him how good they are. so im not sure. im just pissed off so w/e. sorry again
Posted 20 February 2010 at 22:12

Well he might very well be friend of theirs. I know he's not the same guy, because he actually made a relatively decent deck with the grixis. but I did see one other person who might be a troll. definitely not the same guy but still he's a suspect. so far he's made a deck with one card as his first deck ever on the vault, so I'm not complaining...yet. All I'm saying is that we should keep an eye on these guys so we can enhance our experience.
Posted 21 February 2010 at 04:11

Pretty sure Hippo's deck went from +3 to 0 for no reason at all. The Allied Emeria Monument Deck. Hippo was telling me yesterday how the 'people' (trolls) were spamming his account minusing his decks.

This is sad :(
Posted 21 February 2010 at 17:39

They won't win, you'll see ;-)
Posted 21 February 2010 at 17:44

Aye, they chose a bad time to do this seeing as I just wiped all the existing votes out the DB. Many lost hours for them! :D
Posted 21 February 2010 at 18:08

yay!!! thanks!! thats a win for the whole vault community. the set up is nice. ive already said that though on other threads.:D
Posted 21 February 2010 at 20:50

im still getting spammed by silvers. i wont report it. ill just mention it here. i really hate trolls so much. i havent done anything to any of these guys to attract these negative comments. all i did was try and help. sigh...:(
Posted 21 February 2010 at 21:14

two new trolls have surfaced: sp00nObeans1 and h2osafe. soon enough all of 4chan will be on this site trolling... let's hope not
Posted 23 February 2010 at 22:26

Dunno if it'll work here, but at another forum I frequent, they had the same problems. IP ban usually worked the best. Find where they are posting and block that IP address.
Posted 23 February 2010 at 22:28

I said this in the other post but yeah, if you have a problem with any of the comments please report them, that's what the button is for. There are so many comments coming through the system the only way we will find the unsavoury ones is if you tell us about them!

Once we receive several reports on the same comments we'll start doing something about them and their posters. ;)
Posted 24 February 2010 at 00:09